Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown foreign numbers calling

Essexdigger
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In the last 24 hours I've had about 30 calls from countries such as Zimbabwe and Kenya (I know no one there) . I am not answer8 g the calls. My number has clearly been passed on but not by me. I don't want to have to change my number (had this one for 6 years) but too many numbers calling to keep blocking them individually. Any ideas what I can do to make it stop?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Only by blocking or not answering. Some phones have a setting to bar numbers not in your contacts There are apps that say they can block international calls so check in Play or Store.

Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Essexdigger We've seen a number of posts similar to yours. Follow the advice given to you by @jonsie, and DO NOT under any circumstances answer any of the calls.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

Winnie
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I'm having the same issue - calls from Zimbabwe, Burkina Faso and Turkmenistan.  I haven't answered the calls but they are coming very frequently.  I have reported it to Telefonica this morning and signed up for TPS but that takes a month to activate.  Is there anything else I can do to stop these calls? 

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144212 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Just keep blocking, they will give up eventually.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 6 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

A good article about call blocking apps:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-call-and-text-blocker-apps/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 10

Essexdigger
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the advice all.

I have found an option on my phone e

@Essexdigger wrote:

In the last 24 hours I've had about 30 calls from countries such as Zimbabwe and Kenya (I know no one there) . I am not answer8 g the calls. My number has clearly been passed on but not by me. I don't want to have to change my number (had this one for 6 years) but too many numbers calling to keep blocking them individually. Any ideas what I can do to make it stop?

for sending all unknown numbers that aren't in my contacts list direct to voicemail. Hoping that might stop them annoying so much.

Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144212 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You may get fed up of continuous voicemails now though........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10