Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown chargeable texts

ZiPpY
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I hope someone can help with a query. I have two phones on my account, one is mine and the other is my partners, and on checking the bill online, i noticed that for the last couple of months my partners phone has been, and still is sending texts to 0019192527767 and she has no idea who or what this number is and yet she is being charged for these messages, also she has 'aparenly' signed up for some premium text service and is being charged for messages received and again she has no idea how this has happened.   I hope someone can enlighten me on how I can stop these chargeable messages being sent to 0019192527767 and also how i can find out what this premium text service is that she is aparently paying for recieving messages as she doesn't get anything other than texts from friends, family and the notorious facebook.  Thanks in advance......

ZIPpY
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
look at http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/ for the chargeable incomming

But the one that is being sent to looks like an american number and you would have to look at the phone to see what is going on there.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

001 is the USA. Area code 919 is in North Carolina http://www.allareacodes.com/919 Is it possible that your partner accidentally replied to a text?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just got my new phone today,and after a few hours 2outgoing text charges to 0019253539035.dont know this number or anyone with this number.can somebody please look into this matter please.
Message 4 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's the number that activation messages are sent to for McAfee Anti Virus security app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks MI5.i phoned 202 yesterday spoke to a rep when i asked where my complaint will be investigated he says at the back office and i asked for a specific address, he then stated somewhere at the top office.so frustrating to speak to someone who couldnt take the matter seriously or probably dont know what he is doin.i asked for a referrence number for my complaint and his name,he says its call id 639 and it was arshad.he then added theres no referrence number but a call id(?).so i asked for a letter about my complaint,for a written record.he then answered they dont do that.
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
But if you activated McAfee app on your phone there is nothing to investigate?
What phone did you get?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I too fail to see where a complaint comes in if indeed McAfee was activated?

Message 8 of 9

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Hmm I've got mcafee live safe, I've never had chargeable texts in regards to activation. Or indeed, any chargeable texts whatsoever!

I'm pretty sure though that u would've had to have activated the service or replied to a text to be getting charged. So I'm confused also as to why a (successful) complaint could be lodged.?!?
Message 9 of 9