cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unidentified Charges Abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently traveled to the UAE with my iphone. I turned all data roming off and used only wifi to get on the internet. I didn't use my phone to make any calls - other than facetime calls over wifi. However, on my latest bill I have a series of unidentified call charges (repeatedly lasting 1 to 3 seconds). I spoke to someone using the o2 online help service and they said they would look into it. I haven't heard anything from o2 and I have been charged the full amount for my bill. Disappointed that no-one has got back to me or done anything about it. Can anyone help on this forum? Thanks. 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93922 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

It's always best to switch off voicemail as you get charged by O2 at roaming rates. This could explain the 2/3 sec calls. Is there a voicemail number attached to these charges in My O2?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
  • 93922 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I travel quite a bit - never switched voicemail off before - is that something you need to do? I thought switching all data roaming off would be sufficient? 

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93922 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

It's always best to switch off voicemail as you get charged by O2 at roaming rates. This could explain the 2/3 sec calls. Is there a voicemail number attached to these charges in My O2?

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it a number that you recognise / same number repeated?

If it looks like a uk mobile / landline number or something like 00447802091901 (I think) then it could be related to voicemail "tromboning" there's plenty about it on the web, basically you're charged for somone leaving you a voicemail, and if like me most people will get to voicmail and hang up but you'll probably still be charged.

This only occurs outside the EU so if you usually roam within Europe you'll have not come accross it before.

Good Luck

JM

Message 5 of 5