Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Unhelpful Support for transferring credit

I lost my bag today with 2 P&G mobiles that I hardly use (they are for re-direction from home and office, just the odd call here and there). I call O2 support they stopped the SIM cards straight away.

I then ask what I thought would be a really straight forward and simple question can you transfer the credit to my daughters P&G mobile, the answer was NO!

How difficult can this be? I had £11 on one phone and £98 on the other, now my daughter is always texting her friends and calling them so the extra credit for her would of been really helpful.

I don't really need the 2 numbers for re-directing and had just got used to carrying them around for the last 4 years and it is habit more than anything, but O2 customer service are totally unhelpful, just may as well knock my head against a brick wall.

The result is replacement SIM cards coming through the post and I've got to buy another phone to use them in and the credit up then will have a handset that I won't really need.

Unreal!! Change of supplier coming!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I don't think O2 have done anything wrong. You can't transfer credit between accounts, not on any network I've been on.
Highlighted
Anonymous

As regards a dual SIM phone I was happy with what I had and now only want to use one number so will only replace one handset. The £98 was left over from when I was working abroad nearly 2 years ago, in fact it has taken 2 years to use a whopping £30 so looks like I'm stuck with O2 for quite a while yet or lose my money.

The other point is that O2 have my money and won't even let me had a refund or change to another number. What is so difficult for them? Answer nothing at all. Both my numbers had only ever been topped up through the O2 website using the same debit card which they can easily check on, both are also registered to me, so again I don't understand what their problem is.

3 years ago I had a phone stolen, O2 transferred the credit onto another SIM card then so it can be done.

My reason for posting this is a warning to all other O2 P&G customers don't do as I have and load a large amount of money into your account (ok I did it for work purposes but finished the contract much earlier than anticipated) otherwise O2 will keep your money and don't give a stuff about keeping a customer happy.
Highlighted
Anonymous

You haven't lost your money, O2 have replaced your SIMs?
Can you not see the difference between replacing a lost SIM and transferring the credit between accounts?
Highlighted
Topics: 574
Solutions: 3,895

O2 had a policy where you can transfer credit between your own sim cards if they are registered to you and where you no longer wanted 2 sim cards. The sim that you were transferring FROM would be disconnected. So when you get the new sim cards you can put all the credit onto one and disconnect the other. Whether you can then transfer it to your daughter's phone is a different matter if her phone is registered in her name.Once upon a time you could transfer ownership of an O2 account into someone else's name but not sure if that's still the case.

Ultimately it can all come down to the person you speak with at O2.
Highlighted
Anonymous

You could just give the sim card to your daughter, and request a number change if she doesn't want to receive your calls/texts. Obviously it would meen she had a new number though.
Highlighted
Level 9: Fired up

I've experienced a similar unhelpful attitude today.
As a registered disabled person, I carry an emergency mobile in the car. As I had not used this for some months, the number was deactivated.
I accept it was my mistake, and said as much to the customer service operator I spoke to yesterday.
She reactivated the number and told me to phone o2 after 24 hrs. to get the outstanding credit of £9.75 reinstated, with no mention of a further top up being needed.
I phoned today, only to be told I would have to top up the card by a further £10 to get the outstanding credit reinstated. I didn't want to do this, so asked if I could transfer the credit to another mobile, also in my name, but was told this was not possible.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've experienced a similar unhelpful attitude today.
As a registered disabled person, I carry an emergency mobile in the car. As I had not used this for some months, the number was deactivated.
I accept it was my mistake, and said as much to the customer service operator I spoke to yesterday.
She reactivated the number and told me to phone o2 after 24 hrs. to get the outstanding credit of £9.75 reinstated, with no mention of a further top up being needed.
I phoned today, only to be told I would have to top up the card by a further £10 to get the outstanding credit reinstated. I didn't want to do this, so asked if I could transfer the credit to another mobile, also in my name, but was told this was not possible.

Perhaps thier systems don't incorperate the facility to do this anymore and it's not a case of "will not" but a case of "can not"
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Unhelpful Support for transferring credit

I had the same problem today. Customer Support being extremely unhelpful with credit transfer. The funniest thing is that I rang them with regards to same credit transfer just about a week ago and they had no problem with that at all. Today O2 representative said he can't do this because "it will cause SIM card to be disconnected". To be honest as a customer who paid £10 for MANDATORY top-up (when buying new phone from Carphonewarehouse) I do not care it SIM card gets disconnected (whatever it means). I just want my money back and having second phone for the sake of using airtime I paid for is not an option at all!. I suppose it's only down to if you are lucky enough to speak to the right O2 consultant. Very disappointing service.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Unhelpful Support for transferring credit

Why did you buy a mandatory top-up. As an existing O2 pay and go customer you don't have to and you may have got a discount off the handset. See the pay and go upgrades section of the O2 website.