Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Unhappy with my tarriff- New customers get a better deal

I'm currently on the "Online 40 Texter" tariff, which isn't due for renewal until July. This gives me 800 minutes and 500 texts, the texts being doubled to 1000 with "Online double messages". This is £40 a month, on top of that I also pay £7.50 insurance and £7.50 for an unlimited web bolt on.
When I took out the contract the free bolt on was fixed at unlimited o2 to o2 calls, but since having a look at the o2 online shop I've noticed that on tarriffs of £35 and over you can choose what bolt on to have.
I was wondering, I know about downgrading, you can downgrade your contract after 9 months, but can you change your tariff all together and not incur any penalties and still have the same upgrade date?
What I would really like to do is downgrade to the £35 a month tariff, but change my bolt on to unlimited web, and stop paying for that bolt on. I've worked out that although I lose 200 minutes per month (which is no big deal to me, I hardly ever touch even half! I just like to have them for piece of mind.) I would save around £12.50 a month, which in my opinion is a lot to give out a month, for what is basically the same contract.
Any advice?!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well I phoned up and they said well, we've looked at your account and can kill 2 birds wth one stone, we can give you an upgrade on your handset to as you are a gold priority customer- score!!!!!!!!!!!
Getting an upgrade 3 months early!
I'ebeen given a list of phones that I can get for free on this new £35 contract, any thoughts?
LG Renoir
Nokia 5800
Nokia 7610
Samsung Tocco
Samsung Tocco Ultra
Or a Sony Ericsson c905

I'm currently using the LG Viewty, it's fine, just a few annoying things with it. Definately want another touch screen though. I had been looking at getting the XDA Serra, do't mind paying the extra if it's worth it!

Would begrateful for any input on previous experiences before I ring them back! Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

So I think I'm choosing between the LG Renoir and the Samsung Tocco Ultra, swaying a bit more towards the LG because I've had them the past two times!

This is all very exciting haha Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

I went for the Renoir- hope I did the right thing!

I'm so happy I phoned Customer Services haha
Highlighted
Anonymous

I think you chose the right phone. There don't seem to be too many happy Tocco Ultra owners on these forums Smiley Happy

SV
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks! Well I had thought I'd chosen best, until I searched for what my order actually was.
Apparently I'm being sent "HAN LG Renoir Lite PM SKU". I searched for the Renoir lite and what I found was a bit disappointing..
The LG KP500 mobile phone has been awarded the codename LG Cookie (where do they get these codenames from?) So there it is, you can now call this LG Renoir-lite handset the LG Cookie, just let’s hope it’s not crumby.
Names aside, the LG Cookie is actually not that bad a handset and packs, Quad-band GSM, GRPS/EDGE, 3MP camera, FM radio, BT 2.1, accelerometer, and a nice 3″ touch-screen display.
The LG Cookie promises to be an affordable mobile phone, and will run the latest version of LG’s touch-screen Flash based UI, and should command a price of roughly €170 which is about $228 US before subsidies.

If that's true I'll actually be downgrading! :/ Hope I get some answers on this, might post another thread with a more appropriate subject for some help clearing this up!
Highlighted
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

This also may help you.

This is My LG Renoir review

viewtopic.php?t=10268&highlight=

Its a great phone and Luv it to bits, I also know own th LG Arena which is a superb phone (But a little buggy at present)

If you have any LG questions please let me know.

Also dont forgot to register at http://uk.lgmobile.com/web/web.common.Main.laf to get free ringtones, games and so on and dont forget to mention me too Smiley Very Happy
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for the review! It was really good, I'm excited about getting my phone (hopefully tomorrow) now, if it is indeed the LG Renoir!

I'm just confused that the "Renoir Lite" could be the Cookie!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks! Well I had thought I'd chosen best, until I searched for what my order actually was.
Apparently I'm being sent "HAN LG Renoir Lite PM SKU". I searched for the Renoir lite and what I found was a bit disappointing..
The LG KP500 mobile phone has been awarded the codename LG Cookie (where do they get these codenames from?) So there it is, you can now call this LG Renoir-lite handset the LG Cookie, just let’s hope it’s not crumby.
Names aside, the LG Cookie is actually not that bad a handset and packs, Quad-band GSM, GRPS/EDGE, 3MP camera, FM radio, BT 2.1, accelerometer, and a nice 3″ touch-screen display.
The LG Cookie promises to be an affordable mobile phone, and will run the latest version of LG’s touch-screen Flash based UI, and should command a price of roughly €170 which is about $228 US before subsidies.

If that's true I'll actually be downgrading! :/ Hope I get some answers on this, might post another thread with a more appropriate subject for some help clearing this up!

It's not the same phone don't worry Smiley Very Happy They're just saying it's a crappier version of a Renoir.

The phone you're getting is much better don't panic! Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

So the Renoir lite isn't the Cookie?
I'm so confused by the world of phones now!! haha thankyou!