cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy O2 customer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I purchased a data only sim in your Horwich store on 28/10/16 on a 30 day plan. I specifically wanted it so I could use while on holiday in Gran Canaria in November and the assistant assured me that I would have O2 travel so I could use it overseas. While on holiday the SIM was not recognised by the local company and was useless. I used live chat a couple of times on the hotel Wi-Fi but they could not resolve my problem.

On my return I again used live chat to try and resolve the issue and was then told that the data Sim could not be used overseas making my purchase useless.

I asked to cancel the data sim contract via Live chat as it was only 30 days notice and was told that if I did not use the Sim for 30 days my contract would automatically be cancelled.

I have not used the data sim since this conversation  but on my latest bill dated 06/01/17 I am still being charged.

I believe I was wrongly sold the data sim and would like the data sim contract only cancelled immediately and a full refund of all money paid. I also believe the advice given both in your Horwich store and via Live chat has been poor, meaning I have spent a great deal of time trying to sort this out. I emailed the complaints review service on 07/01/17 with no response.

I have been a loyal customer of O2 for a number of years and am very disappointed with the service I have received regarding this data sim and am seriously considering changing my supplier.

Regards

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@jonsie see edit above

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 21 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It would have been around 2012 when it disappeared for me I think.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 30

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

AH now scrapped, still, they had 16 years to invite me....Their loss...I think...

Message 23 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Taken from the link I posted

Section 4. Eligibility: Customers are invited to use the Service entirely at O2’s discretion. O2 may take into account one or none of the following factors including, but not limited to, your average spend, loyalty or usage.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 30

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I wonder why I was dumped 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 30

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am the original poster from yesterday. I used resolver as recomended last night and received an immediate (automatic) response from o2 saying they were dealing with my issue and may call me. Just taken a call from O2, sim cancelled and a full refund of all payments. Thanks for your help. 

Message 27 of 30

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good result and customer service above and beyond from O2.

Currently using:
Message 28 of 30

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 29 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I am the original poster from yesterday. I used resolver as recomended last night and received an immediate (automatic) response from o2 saying they were dealing with my issue and may call me. Just taken a call from O2, sim cancelled and a full refund of all payments. Thanks for your help. 

Absolutely great news @Anonymous We only heard of Resolver help with complaints a day or so ago. Really pleased it worked well and so rapidly for you. Thanks for coming back to let us know. Certainly never had a complaint 'resolved' so quickly before...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 30