cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy O2 customer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I purchased a data only sim in your Horwich store on 28/10/16 on a 30 day plan. I specifically wanted it so I could use while on holiday in Gran Canaria in November and the assistant assured me that I would have O2 travel so I could use it overseas. While on holiday the SIM was not recognised by the local company and was useless. I used live chat a couple of times on the hotel Wi-Fi but they could not resolve my problem.

On my return I again used live chat to try and resolve the issue and was then told that the data Sim could not be used overseas making my purchase useless.

I asked to cancel the data sim contract via Live chat as it was only 30 days notice and was told that if I did not use the Sim for 30 days my contract would automatically be cancelled.

I have not used the data sim since this conversation  but on my latest bill dated 06/01/17 I am still being charged.

I believe I was wrongly sold the data sim and would like the data sim contract only cancelled immediately and a full refund of all money paid. I also believe the advice given both in your Horwich store and via Live chat has been poor, meaning I have spent a great deal of time trying to sort this out. I emailed the complaints review service on 07/01/17 with no response.

I have been a loyal customer of O2 for a number of years and am very disappointed with the service I have received regarding this data sim and am seriously considering changing my supplier.

Regards

Message 1 of 30
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Data Sims can be used oversea's i use my z4 tablet with my o2 data sim in Poland and Gibraltar / Spain..

There is however from what i was told an extra block has to be removed from the Sim, normal o2 data charges apply, so either o2 travel or £40(ish) EU C
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Did you actually activate the sim before you travelled?

The only thing I can suggest is you use this new method of complaining via Resolver. https://www.resolver.co.uk/ (it is supported via O2 )

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 30

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Data sims only work in the UK, they cannot be used abroad at all.
You received poor advice so you need to pursue this with cs and or complaints http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 30

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous As you complained to the complaint review service on the 07/01/17 your eight weeks before you can complain to the ombudsman started, then if you follow @Cleoriff advice regarding resolver please add that email to your complaint file . 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 30

madasaf1sh
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Data Sims can be used oversea's i use my z4 tablet with my o2 data sim in Poland and Gibraltar / Spain..

There is however from what i was told an extra block has to be removed from the Sim, normal o2 data charges apply, so either o2 travel or £40(ish) EU C
Message 5 of 30

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Mine doesn't work in France so I'll have to give them a call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 30

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Did think it strange as they let me add O2 travel to the account too!

Currently using:
Message 7 of 30

madasaf1sh
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
I had to ring the Platinum CS team to get it activated and the agent foud the extra bar... I think its left over from the old days of no roaming caps..

I was told there is no difference in tablet roaming and phone roaming.
Message 8 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Never heard of the Platinum CS team till just now! Who on earth would know that?

(Hopefully customer services Confused)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 30

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'll call when I get the chance and see what they say.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 30