Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected response from network

Nemo1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am trying to set a divert from my O2 number to another number on another network, but when I try to set the divert I get the error message "unexpected response from network".

If I try to ring this number it connects fine but for some reason O2 wont accept a divert request to this number.

I should add that I have no problems setting a divert to any other number - it is just this one number I have problems setting a divert to. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Nemo1
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I raised this problem with O2 in a chat yesterday.

I think I must have been on the chat for about an hour - not many message but long gaps between.

In the end they said that as I am unable to set up the divert they will set it up for me - although it might take up to 24 hours.

I asked what the nature of the problem was and they said they could not comment, which seemed an odd answer. If they were confident they could set up the divert when I could not they must have some idea what the problem was, I thought.

Anyway, over 24 hours later nothing has changed so I guess they just didn't know the answer and were just fobbing me off!

Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I wouldn't trust chat to tell me the correct time tbh.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

Nemo1
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Annoying thing is once a chat is closed there does not seem to be any record of it so I cant go back to the person I was chatting with and follow it up.

Message 13 of 17

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You have to choose the option to email the transcript to yourself but you're unlikely to get the same chat person twice anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 17

Nemo1
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What is the best way of getting an answer? On this forum?

Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Call customer services and ask for it to be referred to the network team Guide: How to find help & contact O2 or go back to CPW  as I said earlier which is where the problem most likely is with that one number.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 17

Nemo1
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your help.

In the end I decided that I could not spend more time following this up and potentially being fobbed off again so I decided to move networks and terminate my O2 account.

Message 17 of 17