cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected charges on mums mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I need to increase my mums call allowance. She is unwell and has gone into a care home but has her mobile and whilst she was staying within her allowance up until she became unwell, I have checked her account and she has run up bills in excess of a hundred and fifty pounds this last few months. 

She has done this because she phones me all the time but doesn't hang up.  Anyway, the question is can we get an immediate bolt on. I have changed her tariff but that doesn't kick in till 15th December.  I don't want to stop her using her mobile as she gets comfort from being able to ring me.

i am with Tesco and am able to get a bolt on with immediate effect. Can't find anything like this on O2.

any advice welcome

TIA

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143436 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you call customer service on 202 from her phone they can start the new tariff immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143436 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you call customer service on 202 from her phone they can start the new tariff immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately her phone is with her and I am not.

think I've sorted it though. Cancelled the new tariff, added a bolt on then changed to new tariff again. 

Seems odd but hey ho 

thanks for the response.

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Wouldn't you be better getting one of the unlimited call tariffs.you can get them with very little data.

Unless you've worked out that the new tariff will easily cover the amount she is going over on average each month of course.

Message 4 of 4