Did you mean: 

Unexpected Extra Charge After Leaving

Michelle47
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Can someone explain to what has happened or what I did wrong.

I recently left O2 after a 2 year contract which ended on 25 November.

This was my first contract, which I only signed up to as I received a large amount of cashback as I am a very low mobile user and also on a low income. So as I obviously could not justify a £20+ monthly charge after contract ended, I decided I would be swapping to a much cheaper deal with a different provider.

Requested PAC code on 20 November, and then signed up with new provider.

All fine until 26 November, when received an email from O2 saying I was being charged another monthly fee. Checking bank statements, my first ever charge was taken 11 Dec 2019, and then the last one 10 Dec this year, making a total of 25 payments.

As far as I’m aware, the “30 day notice” thing no longer applies, so only thing I can think of is that my number didn’t end up getting ported over until around 2pm on the 26th. So, has this small error caused me to be charged by O2 for an extra month? Or is there a chance the payment will end up getting refunded seeing as this 25th month was not actually used?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Michelle47 

You should only be charged for the number of days used in the final month's bill.

you’d need to call O2’s customer service team about – give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202 (or specific Payment management number -0800 902 0217 )

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Michelle47 

You should only be charged for the number of days used in the final month's bill.

you’d need to call O2’s customer service team about – give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202 (or specific Payment management number -0800 902 0217 )

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2