cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under 14 day swap for a preorder phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I have had this new contract for about 4 days now. It's an lg g4 and the battery life is terrible. I've called lg and they have gone through various options but it's not rectified it. I know you can swap for a different phone once under 14 days but the only 2 phones I would want to change to are the s6 edge plus 64th (which doesn't show on your website) or the new iPhone 6s plus (which isn't available to pre-order until the 12th in led to believe and won't be available until the 25th. Am I allowed to swap to the 6s plus and just pre-order it and then just use my aim in my spare phone?

Matt
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Just cancel and drop to a 30 day simplicity tariff. You can upgrade from that with no credit check later.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancel the contract & return the phone as you are under the 14 days then pre order the iPhone 6S, if you wish to keep your number then get a sim from the O2 shop 

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
But that will mean another credit check when I preorder the 6s
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking to get a mortgage next year so trying to apply for as little as possible to maximise my credit score/rating
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Most likely yes as it will be a new contract not an upgrade 

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Looking to get a mortgage next year so trying to apply for as little as possible to maximise my credit score/rating

Well either see what your options are or get a cheaper phone like the iPhone 6 or a Samsung 

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Latest info from O2 on the iPhone 6S @Anonymous

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/iPhone-6s-and-6s-Plus-Coming-to-O2/m-p/911919#M13641

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Just cancel and drop to a 30 day simplicity tariff. You can upgrade from that with no credit check later.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8