Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbelievably poor experience with o2 today

AJ1982
Level 3: Thinker
  • 49 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The last few hours I've spent in contact with o2 would in any other circumstance be hilarious, but I've been suffering from severe insomnia for 3 months and have now been awake almost 30 hours.

I place iPad Pro 12.1" in my o2 basket, £249.99 up front. I use TABLET50OFF voucher code so the upfront cost is reduced to £125. I enter all my relevant details bank, credit card etc. Go through the credit check, receive a few emails explaining everything as per usual. Then just as I get to the very last screen it displays 'Error something went wrong there' I check to see if o2 took the £125, which they have. So going back into my emails I click the link to complete the order only to get the same message. Talking to o2 through web chat I'm advised to clear my cookies and try again, and again same error message. Then I'm told to use another browser so I did. And got the Same error. Then when I try one more time it says session expired! Even though the email clearly states it'll be held in my basket for 72 hours. So I call CS spend 30 minutes trying to explain the situation to the rep, who then pass' me on to someone else. Another 20 odd minutes I go through this with the next person only to get disconnected. So I call again, you see where this is going? Yup after explaining this yet again, and then getting passed onto someone else who unbelievably needed me to explain again I.... that's right I get disconnected AGAIN! So right now I'm banging my head against a brick wall wondering why I bothered with o2 and where my £125 has gone. 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yup, that's the standard O2 website ordering process.
It would be so much easier to just have a page to enter your card details and then get a message back saying "thanks, we'll hold onto your money for 14 days then send it back to you".....
ps, attempting to order anything is optional in this process as the end result is the same wink
Standard advice, as always, forget it and go in store to get what you want!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yup, that's the standard O2 website ordering process.
It would be so much easier to just have a page to enter your card details and then get a message back saying "thanks, we'll hold onto your money for 14 days then send it back to you".....
ps, attempting to order anything is optional in this process as the end result is the same wink
Standard advice, as always, forget it and go in store to get what you want!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

AJ1982
  • 49 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Lol! So basically I've got to wait two week to get my £125 back?

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's the norm.
It might just be "reserved" in which case you should see the funds released back to you in 2 or 3 days but it depends how far through the ordering process the system thinks you've got.
I'd call cs tomorrow (if you can get through) and see if the order has gone through or not.
I say tomorrow, as it takes 24 hours to appear on the system usually.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

AJ1982
  • 49 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Lol! Oh my days. Two weeks ago I get rejected unless I pay a £200 bond. I complain to the credit check department who apologise and say it was an 'error' took out one with EE no problem. Order iPhone 7 plus with o2 last week no hassle no bond. So I assumed everything was fine, now I get this BS! C'mon it would be easier to just ask me to move to another company lol because that's what I feel like doing. The order did not complete, I'm left with the option now of doing it again, paying £125 again and yet another credit check. So if I did that it'd be 3 credit checks by o2 in two weeks for contracts I haven't even got :-S. I'm sure when I'm fully rested my anger will kick in lol right now I just want my cash back.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good luck mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Sammy63
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You are lucky to have a poor experience just today............. I have that EVERY time I have to contact O2. Unfortunately I'm stuck with O2, I don't have a choice. I have not once had a problem solved quickly, O2's makes it as difficult as it can for clients to make changes to anything and if you get a problem any 'help' is confusing and often not correct or misleading.
Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Sammy63 wrote:
You are lucky to have a poor experience just today............. I have that EVERY time I have to contact O2. Unfortunately I'm stuck with O2, I don't have a choice. I have not once had a problem solved quickly, O2's makes it as difficult as it can for clients to make changes to anything and if you get a problem any 'help' is confusing and often not correct or misleading.

Sorry to hear that @Sammy63 

However, as long as your issue isn't account related, there are plenty of people on here who are well qualified to help.  Give us a try...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8