cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to verify payment method

Anonymous
Not applicable

So O2 you tried last week messaging me from "Billing" to say you could not verify my payment details. Firstly my payment details are the same as they have been since I got the phone nothing has changed. Secondly your threat that my phone would be suspended if I didn't contact you was a false claim.

I initiated a Live Chat and was told first of all it was a system error, to which I replied, that I believed it was a pretty underhand marketing ploy to get me into a conversation to upgrade my phone, at which point the chat head siad you need to ring billing, I responded with get them to ring me, it is a despicable practise, at which point chat head said, I've altered the system to stop you recieving these e-mails!!!

Today I have a missed call and a message saying exactly the same thing, click below to avoid suspension of your account. I checked the account, last bill has been paid in the last few days outstanding amount £0.

So when do you think the over zealous underhand imbeciles in marketing at o2 are going to get the message, I don't want a new phone, I don't want anything other than what I am successfully paying for and just because it doesn't fit your profile of when I need to change my phone, I really don't see why I should be bothered by this fraudelent messaging. If it happens again I will simply close the account and take my business elsewhere. It is the most underhand marketing excercise I have ever seen, bordering on fraud and blaming it on a syatem error. Pathetic.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It's a scam text not sent by O2.
If you search the forum you'll see some others reporting it too.
If you followed any links in the text and logged on I suggest you log in to the correct o2 site and change your password immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It's a scam text not sent by O2.
If you search the forum you'll see some others reporting it too.
If you followed any links in the text and logged on I suggest you log in to the correct o2 site and change your password immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@AnonymousYou should also report it here phishing@o2.com

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/fraud-and-phishing-advice

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Here's one from before https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Scam-text/m-p/1032207/highlight/true#M123876

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suspected it as a scam until having used Live Chat with o2, the operator confirmed it as a system error and promised to amend the system to stop messages being sent to me, so o2 need to get their chat heads trained properly
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

If only the live chat person last week hadn't been so keen to tell me it came from o2 and was a system error, I would have continued believing it to be a scam, maybe some training needed at o2 Live chat. 

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Live chat needs lots of training and not just on this issue I'm afraid.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

As advised,change your password if you clicked on any link. Always best to call rather than use live chat who to be frank tell you what they think you want to hear half the time. 

Message 8 of 8