Did you mean: 

Unable to unlink accounts

EricC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have 3 Pay Monthly accounts with o2.

These were set up when my daughters were too young to have their own Pay Monthly accounts.

They are now old enough to manage them themselves. I have tried the on-line help, no use. I have tried Live Chat, also no use. I have contacted Customer Support who merely said that my daughters would have to apply for new contracts individually on line, once they had them we were then to call o2 whilst all of us were by the telephone to arrange for separation of the Pay Monthly accounts. I have two questions One, how do they apply for a new account on line, they already have their phones we only want to separate the accounts from oneanother. Two, If they apply for new accounts how do they keep their current mobile numbers?

Regards

Eric

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @EricC There used to be an option to unlink accounts but this has been removed now. The only way to do this is by contacting CS (Not live chat) and ask them to do it...http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edited to add..... it will be very simple to keep their current numbers but you need to speak to CS first about unlinking these accounts. Best time to phone is between 8- 8.30 in the morning

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 18

EricC
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Cleoriff,

Thank you for the pointer. I will give them a call in the morning.

Regards

Eric

Message 3 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @EricC Best of luck, They should be able to sort it for you...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 18

EricC
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well that was a complete waste of time. Was that why you put "Best of luck" ?

All i received was the same information and brick wall that i received when calling Customer Services yesterday.

They will have to set up new accounts and then transfer the numbers to their new accounts.

Think we will just move all 3 accounts to a new provider !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 18

jonsie
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Nothing is simple when unlinking accounts. Names cannot be changed without closing the account and taking out  new contracts in their names. Again, transferring the number out to a new account will automatically close the original account and a bill for full settlement produced dependant on the type of contract they have.

Message 6 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Sorry to hear that @EricC (the best of luck comment wasn't made in jest) I honestly didn't realise it would be such an issue considering that 2 years ago you were able to do this yourself ...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 18

EricC
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry this is just corporate talk.

Why was it possible to do this in the past and then the option was removed?

Message 8 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@EricC wrote:

Sorry this is just corporate talk.

Why was it possible to do this in the past and then the option was removed?

See my post above yours and I agree. I searched this forum before answering you last night. I found a post with a link to unlink accounts.....when I clicked on that ....it no longer exists. Another search proved that option had been removed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 18

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If we are talking a full name change I.e. Change of ownership of the number there are many threads surrounding this trying to find the best one to quote.

But From memory 

1 the person wanting to keep the number has to open an account with a temp number

2 the bill payer contacts o2 requesting a Transfer of ownership of the number to the fresh account/s

3 this then closes the old accounts leaving the lead account active in this case.

This is similar to the business to personal TOO.

When I find the post will link to it I think it was from @Anonymous 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 18