Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Topics: 113

Re: Unable to start a team game in Colopl Rune Story Japan

If it is an O2 problem, I can't see them rectifying it for just the one customer.......it wouldn't be cost effective.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Highlighted
Level 6: Acolyte

Last I knew there is a transparent proxy on O2 mobile network, according to some online proxy detection.

Firstly, I can't guarantee other network don't have a transparent proxy as I never try their contract SIM.(some network providers in countries don't have that, or may even provide public IP for direct access to internet).

Secondly, switching network will cause signal problem in my living area.

Thirdly, if I am able to convince O2 that it is a network problem and fail to provide service to break a contract, that problem should be solved but not an actual switch of network.
Highlighted

Actually providing a connection without a proxy is just a setting. Service providers in Hong Kong often do this for tethering/mobile broadband connection (some may have public IP as well) and switching that APN will do and can workaround a lot of connectivity issues of many applications. Probably providing direct TCP connectivity will do.
Highlighted

@Beenherebefore wrote:
If it is an O2 problem, I can't see them rectifying it for just the one customer.......it wouldn't be cost effective.

Additionally, they(Hong Kong ISPs) fix every single issue on experience unless they explicitly state that that protocol is not supported in the tariff.

Highlighted
Level 67: Unsung hero

@evantkh wrote:
Last I knew there is a transparent proxy on O2 mobile network, according to some online proxy detection.

Firstly, I can't guarantee other network don't have a transparent proxy as I never try their contract SIM.(some network providers in countries don't have that, or may even provide public IP for direct access to internet).

Secondly, switching network will cause signal problem in my living area.

Thirdly, if I am able to convince O2 that it is a network problem and fail to provide service to break a contract, that problem should be solved but not an actual switch of network.

If switching networks would cause a problem for you, then you'd be making an idle threat, as you wouldn't be able to carry through with it, so what would be the point?

It doesn't appear as if this issue is affecting anyone else, and I hardly think that not being able to play a game on your phone would be reason enough for O2 to allow you to break your contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Topics: 81

Which sim are you roaming with?

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@viridis wrote:
Which sim are you roaming with?

I am not using data roaming. What do you want to know?

Highlighted

Well the first screenshot shows 2 sims, EE and O2, which signal meter relates to your o2 connection?

Highlighted

@viridis wrote:
Well the first screenshot shows 2 sims, EE and O2, which signal meter relates to your o2 connection?

The left signal bar is for my roaming SIM, the right signal bar is for my O2 SIM.

Highlighted

Oh