Unable to start a team game in Colopl Rune Story Japan

evantkh
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Here is a link to this app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.colopl.wcat

The problem is cannot start a team game with the O2 mobile network.

Message 1 of 102
101 REPLIES 101

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Good to hear!

This will be the best way we can look into it and offer any possible advice/help.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 91 of 102

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@evantkh wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@viridis wrote:
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=3864076

Very clever lad....well done you...:smileywink:

Doing a test in your own is more realistic than reading any post.

http://websocketstest.com

Forgive me for not taking you up on that challenge @evantkh I am NOT a gamer and @viridis is. He also has done a great deal of work in the computer industry....I couldn't understand what you posted. I could understand his post. Personally,,, and not wishing to be rude, every experienced member of this forum has answered you.......all to no avail. I shall back away from this thread now as you obviously feel O2 have some sort of case to answer....they haven't.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 92 of 102

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Good to hear!

This will be the best way we can look into it and offer any possible advice/help.

but I want to know if they have access to the backbone network or if someone can monitor the traffic there at the same time.

Message 93 of 102

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I can only see you being on a loser here,  I doubt any O2 shop staff, be it a guru or not, will have the technical knowledge to help you. Not sure how they can test it, run any sort of diagnostics or have the slightest idea of who to pass it through to within the O2 organisation. 

Message 94 of 102

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I can only see you being on a loser here,  I doubt any O2 shop staff, be it a guru or not, will have the technical knowledge to help you. Not sure how they can test it, run any sort of diagnostics or have the slightest idea of who to pass it through to within the O2 organisation. 

I actually agree with this. Consumer support team often fails to answer technical questions, especially those lower-level technical question, not only in UK. If you are just talking about technical things, consumer support team often cannot help and an actual use case is required. My experience in other places is user experience oriented, that means if a customer say there is a problem when using an application(given that it comes with some tests to show possible problems occuring somewhere), the customer support(usually forum staff) will ask the technical team to test it first before asking the customer to go to any shops or return a failure in resolving an issue when it is outside their control(such as problems with overseas network). If I am the developer of the app, I would probably use HTTPS to workaround as to avoid dealing with it with operators.

Message 95 of 102

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Well, have fun proving the violation, on the game not meant for this region, on the phone not meant for this region where you've slapped who knows what vpn's on top of the o2 apn.
Cuz I just tried the version meant for this region and it worked fine.... Funny that.

I can confirm you are not testing it(the one in UK Play Store) in the right way. Please try the Co-op mode and start a game and play. I tested it and it doesn't work either.

When you press "Random Party", it says "Updating party information", and then get into a game when the phone is on WiFi, but get stuck at "Updating party information" and go back to previous screen itself after that when using O2 mobile network. It is definitely O2's problem.

Message 96 of 102

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Similar problem has been reported in Asia Pacific regions like Hong Kong and China. Similarly people are unable to play Co-op on some mobile carriers' network, but works on WiFi.

Also, the use of transparent proxy for mobile phones is common in different countries and regions.

I think the use of such technology does represent something.

Message 97 of 102

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Who can I contact next when both store staff and customer support cannot offer help?

Message 98 of 102

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@evantkh wrote:

Who can I contact next when both store staff and customer support cannot offer help?

Perhaps @Toby can help, certainly nobody on here can give you O2 names or departments.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 99 of 102

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@evantkh wrote:

Perhaps @Toby can help, certainly nobody on here can give you O2 names or departments.

I think @Toby has already been involved and given advice? However I agree.. this should go back to him now.

We are up to 10 pages with no resolution...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 100 of 102