Unable to start a team game in Colopl Rune Story Japan

evantkh
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Here is a link to this app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.colopl.wcat

The problem is cannot start a team game with the O2 mobile network.

Message 1 of 102
101 REPLIES 101

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
How strange.....?

I don't think so.....there's just one person in the whole universe trying to run that game on O2 mobile network.

If you set up your VPN server, then a network provide block that IP address and then say only one user in the universe connect to that VPN server.

It doesn't seem make sense. Number of users is not important and the problem is on whether O2 is providing its service properly.

Message 61 of 102

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

The issue ins't whether O2 is providing its service properly, the issue is relating to a single instance of a game. No one here is aware of any other instances of this being reported.

O2 would have to justify to their shareholders why they would spend X amount of money to have their network and development team to investigate an issue which 1 person has reported.

I don't mean to sound horrible but 1 person out of X million other customers does not make business sense for them to investigate.

If more people come forward, or other apps begin to have the same issues then perhaps, O2 will investigate, however as unfortunate as it is, they are highly unlikely to work on this issue for 1 person.

Message 62 of 102

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
You pay O2 to access its network for the purpose of making / receiving calls, text and data services. It doesn't guarantee access to all services all of the time, nor could they ever guarantee they could give access to everything.
Message 63 of 102

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@PhoneChanger wrote:

The issue ins't whether O2 is providing its service properly, the issue is relating to a single instance of a game. No one here is aware of any other instances of this being reported.

O2 would have to justify to their shareholders why they would spend X amount of money to have their network and development team to investigate an issue which 1 person has reported.

I don't mean to sound horrible but 1 person out of X million other customers does not make business sense for them to investigate.

If more people come forward, or other apps begin to have the same issues then perhaps, O2 will investigate, however as unfortunate as it is, they are highly unlikely to work on this issue for 1 person.

Testing itself is not costly at all. How costly it is to make a change is a concern? but without any diagnose to find the reason, you won't know the cost for changing something, or maybe just a simple configuration problem, or maybe able to identify other potential issues caused by it.

Message 64 of 102

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@PhoneChanger wrote:
You pay O2 to access its network for the purpose of making / receiving calls, text and data services. It doesn't guarantee access to all services all of the time, nor could they ever guarantee they could give access to everything.

Of course no one can guarantee a network setup can have no problems, but providers are responsible to investigate in issues, whether to fix it finally depends on policies, or maybe the cost and benefits, or is it a bug from an upstream company providing network softwares or equipments. You will never know without any investigation.

Message 65 of 102

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Testing is a cost to any business, it requires a resource to be taken away from their existing role / function / day-to-day duties to focus in on the issue reported. This has knock on effects on other work and projects that may be in the pipeline.

That test could take hours / days / weeks / months to diagnose (and that is assuming they can find and replicate the issue), and then longer for them to develop, test and implement a fix (if they find the need to).

As said, it is unfortunate, but it is unlikely they are going to spend that time for a single reported instance.
Message 66 of 102

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@evantkh This thread has reached 7 pages now....with loads of advice and no resolution. I think you must be aware that the forum members will not be able to help here. I will mention our Community Head @Toby and/or @Martin-O2 the community manager. If they can provide any help they will...though I guess they will say pretty much the same as all of the members who have responded.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 67 of 102

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @evantkh,

What was the last thing our customer service team told you about this query? This will help me to know what to do next.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 68 of 102

evantkh
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Hi @evantkh,

What was the last thing our customer service team told you about this query? This will help me to know what to do next.

The last thing done is arranged a diagnose in an O2 store. I just haven't post it here yet. I would be happy if the reason can be found on that day or before.

Message 69 of 102

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @evantkh,

Please go ahead with the diagnosis session, as it will be the best way that we can help at this stage. I'll be eager to hear how it goes!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 70 of 102