Unable to start a team game in Colopl Rune Story Japan

evantkh
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Here is a link to this app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.colopl.wcat

The problem is cannot start a team game with the O2 mobile network.

Message 1 of 102
101 REPLIES 101

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@evantkh wrote:
To be honest I am having various problems which may be related to this issue when accessing some websites
So after 5 pages of posts you now tell us that you are experiencing various other problems.
Try resolving those with CS first and as a result perhaps your game problem will be resolved.

It is not a public service and involves network security so it is inconvenient to talk to a CS, but fortunately a workaround is to specify HTTPS on the URL which will eventually bypass the transparent proxy before authentication because you cannot do optimizaion on an HTTPS connection. However, that game is an application communicating using HTTP and there is no way to specify HTTPS to workaround the problem. I think this is probably why it works on WiFi or when I establish a VPN connection.

I think single player mode works well because the client only communicate with the server when getting information, make transaction, start a game and also end a game but multi-player mode involves continuous communication. I think something is getting stuck at the transparent proxy but I have no way to find a CS who understand these technical terms.

Message 51 of 102

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

After the 6 pages of advice given via this forum... I doubt anyone else will solve it either. Your best bet, as said time and tiime again, is to contact CS and ask to speak to someone technical who also understands gaming.

The thread has run it's course I think.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 52 of 102

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No one here was ever gonna fix it - I'm sure I said that before too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 53 of 102

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It obviously means a lot to the OP but I don't see anyone in technical at O2 being willing to chase this up.

Message 54 of 102

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It obviously means a lot to the OP but I don't see anyone in technical at O2 being willing to chase this up.

I don't think so. I think the problem is technicians don't do any consumer support service directly and the CS don't understand technical terms so causing the problem.

Message 55 of 102

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

After the 6 pages of advice given via this forum... I doubt anyone else will solve it either. Your best bet, as said time and tiime again, is to contact CS and ask to speak to someone technical who also understands gaming.

The thread has run it's course I think.....

Idea is good but possibility is low according to my experience when using a consumer service support of some other services.

Message 56 of 102

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I thought the link I gave you yesterday to the RuneStory forums may have helped?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 102

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I thought the link I gave you yesterday to the RuneStory forums may have helped?

I don't see any reply yet.

Message 58 of 102

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
How strange.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 59 of 102

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
How strange.....?

I don't think so.....there's just one person in the whole universe trying to run that game on O2 mobile network.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 60 of 102