Unable to start a team game in Colopl Rune Story Japan

evantkh
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Here is a link to this app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.colopl.wcat

The problem is cannot start a team game with the O2 mobile network.

Message 1 of 102
101 REPLIES 101

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
If it is an O2 problem, I can't see them rectifying it for just the one customer.......it wouldn't be cost effective.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 21 of 102

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Last I knew there is a transparent proxy on O2 mobile network, according to some online proxy detection.

Firstly, I can't guarantee other network don't have a transparent proxy as I never try their contract SIM.(some network providers in countries don't have that, or may even provide public IP for direct access to internet).

Secondly, switching network will cause signal problem in my living area.

Thirdly, if I am able to convince O2 that it is a network problem and fail to provide service to break a contract, that problem should be solved but not an actual switch of network.
Message 22 of 102

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Actually providing a connection without a proxy is just a setting. Service providers in Hong Kong often do this for tethering/mobile broadband connection (some may have public IP as well) and switching that APN will do and can workaround a lot of connectivity issues of many applications. Probably providing direct TCP connectivity will do.
Message 23 of 102

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
If it is an O2 problem, I can't see them rectifying it for just the one customer.......it wouldn't be cost effective.

Additionally, they(Hong Kong ISPs) fix every single issue on experience unless they explicitly state that that protocol is not supported in the tariff.

Message 24 of 102

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@evantkh wrote:
Last I knew there is a transparent proxy on O2 mobile network, according to some online proxy detection.

Firstly, I can't guarantee other network don't have a transparent proxy as I never try their contract SIM.(some network providers in countries don't have that, or may even provide public IP for direct access to internet).

Secondly, switching network will cause signal problem in my living area.

Thirdly, if I am able to convince O2 that it is a network problem and fail to provide service to break a contract, that problem should be solved but not an actual switch of network.

If switching networks would cause a problem for you, then you'd be making an idle threat, as you wouldn't be able to carry through with it, so what would be the point?

It doesn't appear as if this issue is affecting anyone else, and I hardly think that not being able to play a game on your phone would be reason enough for O2 to allow you to break your contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 25 of 102

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Which sim are you roaming with?
Message 26 of 102

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Which sim are you roaming with?

I am not using data roaming. What do you want to know?

Message 27 of 102

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Well the first screenshot shows 2 sims, EE and O2, which signal meter relates to your o2 connection?
Message 28 of 102

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Well the first screenshot shows 2 sims, EE and O2, which signal meter relates to your o2 connection?

The left signal bar is for my roaming SIM, the right signal bar is for my O2 SIM.

Message 29 of 102

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Oh
Message 30 of 102