Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send texts or make calls.

Sec
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve been unable to send texts or make any calls for a few days now. When I send a text I get a message failed notification and when I call it says the call failed. This is to everyone on my contacts. But I can receive texts and receive phone calls.
I have tried everything that was suggested on Apples website (iPhone 7) and on O2s website and it’s still not working. I can’t get to a store and I can’t call customer services because I cannot make any calls.
The network app says it’s fine in my area as well. Not sure what else to try. Has anyone else experienced this?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'd try a new SIM card first but in reality it does sound like a network issue that isn't showing.
If you download the My network app you can report it through that.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Sec
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have done but they said it would take 48hrs to get back to me so I hoping maybe there was something else I could try as I’m going away tomorrow and won’t even have WiFi for the most part. Just found it strange that I can receive calls and texts but not send or make them. And my data isnt working either.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sec

Are you able to get out and about (to see if the phone can connect to an adjacent cell)

Message 4 of 10

Sec
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve tried that but it still didn’t work
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sec

Customer Service from a landline?

0344 8090202 (Pay Monthly)
0344 8090222 (Pay as you go)

They can't do much for a cell failure but they can check all is well with your account at least.

Any neighbours on O2?

Message 6 of 10

Sec
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I don’t have a landline unfortunately
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sec

Best you can do then is try to use webchat to talk to CS

https://www.o2.co.uk/help

Message 8 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As it's not working anywhere it is definitely account related. It could be SIM failure too but most likely an outgoing bar on the account. This can happily bills are late so check you've paid up in full too.
Other possibilities are a phone setting that has barred outgoing calls but I wouldn't expect that to effect texts and data too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Sec, did you manage to get this sorted with the pointers above or are you still experiencing some issues?

Welcome to the forum!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 10