cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send Emails using Mobile Data with exchange server

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Several users in my company have intermittent issues sending emails over mobile data with our exchange server. 

It works over WiFi everytime, and other email accounts such a btinternet account work absolutley fine. 

I have tried using phones on a different network using mobile data and it works without issues so the issue seems to point to an issue with the O2 network. 

Any suggestions here would be welcomed. 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update on this. Upgrading to the latest exchange service pack (Exchange 2010 SP3) seems to have resolved my problem. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Are you using your own smtp server or o2's (smtp.o2.co.uk) ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

It can be related to the security settings. You need to allow emails without Wifi.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is our own SMTP server, there is no option to use a different SMTP server with an exchange account on iPhones.

Although excuse my ignorance, could this be different when sending over WiFi compared with using 3G/4G etc.

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes, quite often wifi will work when mobile data won't.
I'm not sure how you would work around the smtp server on an iPhone, but I suspect that's the problem.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: 

After a bit more investigation this actually only seems to be an issue iPhone 6. - All other phones works fine. 

Has anyone come across this?

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update on this. Upgrading to the latest exchange service pack (Exchange 2010 SP3) seems to have resolved my problem. 

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Good to know.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

grittkim49
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have not unstood any of the comments from anybody?
Kim Gritt
Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@grittkim49  What problem are you having exactly and what phone are you using? If you explain more we may be able to advise?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10