cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive calls or texts

Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife's phone is unable to receive calls or texts but can send.  When I try to call her I get the message "Note: active incoming call diverts" - she does not have call diverting activated.  Sending her a text gets me the message "unavailable" in my sent items.  Calling from a landline  returns a continuous tone.

Is this possibly a network problem?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://status.o2.co.uk/

The o2 Network is currently experiencing an outage.

People are being affected in different ways.

Keep checking the above link.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://status.o2.co.uk/

The o2 Network is currently experiencing an outage.

People are being affected in different ways.

Keep checking the above link.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't receive texts or calls but have checked the link and my area is apparently ok??
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I can't receive texts or calls but have checked the link and my area is apparently ok??

People are being affected in different ways right now.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

From the status page 

Update 20:00hrs

We are continuing to work on a fix for the remaining customers who are still experiencing difficulties using their mobile phone.We again apologise for the inconvenience.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

There is a message in red at the top of the status page advising that it affects a number of customers. It doesn't matter what area you are in.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update 23:45hrs

The intermittent problems experienced by some of our customers today have now been resolved.

Routine upgrade work on our 2G and 3G networks led to unexpected congestion affecting around 1% of O2 customers. We apologise to those customers and thank them for their patience.

Message 8 of 9

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Monops,

Your service should be working normally. Sorry about that!

Please see some info below about last night from our status page:

On Thursday 3rd October, around 1% of O2 customers experienced some difficulty making and receiving calls and texts, or using data. This was the result of unexpected congestion caused during routine upgrade work on our 2G and 3G networks. The problems were intermittent and resolved in a matter of hours.
We apologise to those customers affected and would like to thank them for their patience.
As we rollout our nationwide 4G network, we are upgrading our 2G and 3G service to reach 98% of the UK population both indoors and outdoors. Our customers can keep up to date with our progress by visiting our Network page on our website.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 9