cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pay my 3 monthly accounts

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 I have been a loyal customer of yours since before you were O2; BT, I have stayed with you through name changes and takeovers, but the last four months has tested that to fullest. Crazy

Why!!! I hear you ask, you payment systems and the faults has meant much frustration. Your company claims that their is no fault, but is rather a fault with MY bank which is untrue.

But today has taken the biscuit, I phone your automated service trying to pay the bill; but failed again, to be put through to one of your service operators. Who in fairness tried twice to take a payment which failed AGAIN. He asked if I had another card; no I don't, then asked if I was sure I had the funds to cover the bill; yes I do, then stated the problem is with your bank failing to process the payment.

After talking with your service operator, I called my bank who checked the history on my account, not only have they NOT declined any payments, they haven't received any notifications from you; O2.

So your payment; both online and automated service, are broken. It has been a known fault on your online service for four months, even your store assistants know about it and they are as frustrated with it as I am.  I need you; O2, to get your engineers to look into the faults.  I tried to request that your operator to put in a notification while on the phone this morning.  He claimed he couldn't.

So I politely ask that you sort both out ASAP.  

POSTED ON FACEBOOK AND MESSAGED YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE ALSO
Message 1 of 358
357 REPLIES 357

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
@Toby
Another one for you mate
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 358

Cleoriff
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Sorry to hear of this awful problem but you aren't talking to O2 here.,....this is a customer to customer forum. Hopefully the community manager @Toby will be able to help. Sadly the payment system is having major issues... Appalling really...4 months on and clients are still unable to pay their bills.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 358

jonsie
  • 93267 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Appalling that O2 seem unable/unwilling to fix this very well known issue and that advisers are still telling people to contact their bank whilst knowing that the customer is going to find out that it is O2 who have the problem. Result, one angry customer, repeated phone calls, more frustration and a default on their credit file. Really O2 this is pathetic, disgraceful and is surely going to lose you customers.

Message 4 of 358

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi Cilla,

I'm Toby, the community manager. Sorry to hear about this! Please send me a private message and I can ask the rest of the team to look into this.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 358

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
End of the month again.

To the op,
You need to call 202 tomorrow without trying online and select the option "other account issues"
Do not use the automated service as that too will render your card unusable for 24h, you need to speak to someone to put them through manually.
They can only put through 3 payments a day so you are limited to 1 and a half account payments (1account = 2 individual refresh payments) to pay the remainder you will need to call the following day.
But you need to do this tomorrow as your card is unusable today once the system rejects it and blames your bank even though they have no transaction to even decline....
Message 6 of 358

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not again. This is why im glad i have a direct debit set up. @Toby will this problem ever be sorted for customers

Message 7 of 358

viridis
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
For record of @Toby to feedback.
Once a customer attempts to use a card using any of the New automated systems, that card is now rendered unusable for o2 for 24h.
If customers call and get manual entry by advisors without getting it screwed up by automation first... the payment will go through but only 3 individual payments a day.
Message 8 of 358

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Thanks @viridis, I'll add this when I raise @Anonymous's issues. Big help mate.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 358

viridis
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
You need to point out how it's widespread and everyone gets same problem....
Blame banks.
Banks have no records of these transactions at all, let alone declining them.
Message 10 of 358