Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make payment due to covid 19.

Liam27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have looked at o2 website, My o2 and tried calling to try and sort out the fact that I have no money to pay my bill due to not working for the last 22 days, because of this covid 19 stuff. I can't find a way to talk to anyone about this to get a freeze on my account.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

PaulG
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i finally got through today after days of trying and giving up. basically all the info on o2s website around being supported due to the virus is a load of rubbish!! so this is what the o2 website states :

• You may be able to make no or small payments for up to 3 months
  • This won’t affect your credit file for the period of the emergency payment freeze
  • At the end of the deferral period you will either need to pay the full outstanding deferred balance or make sure you contact us to set up an instalment plan

so when i called today all i was told by a miserable advisor was that my acccount will be put on hold until my next bill date (27th April ) and then i will have to join the que of thousands and call back then to extend the hold further. 

i was also told that charges will still apply and my credit report will be affected.

really not happy o2 as a long term customer i feel this could be the end of my customer come hte end of my contract.

Has anyone else had the same issue would love to hear, `thanks

Paul G

Message 2 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12096 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Can you post a link to those statements @PaulG
Not seen them myself.
All we have heard is that you need to contact customer services to arrange "something".

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 8

PaulG
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
https://www.o2.co.uk/help

It’s the 2nd of the Covid FAQ
Message 4 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12096 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Oh. That's not great.
Some feedback that customers are being told one thing and something else going on @Martin-O2 @Marjo. Can you feedback please...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 8

Chattymuch
Level 3: Thinker
  • 50 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Only payment management can apply the 3 months freeze so you would need to speak to them on 0800 0325 302 Information recorded against the customers credit file reference agency will be frozen during the payment option period, but they cant stop the letters coming through the post.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica"
Message 6 of 8

Liam27
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is just rediculous. They have made it as hard as possible to get a solution to this problem. I have phoned all of the numbers but then it tells me to look online and they hang up. I look online and then it tells me that I need to contact payment management so I do that again only for it to hang up on me after telling me to go online. What kind of unsupporting support service does this?! Fuming!!
Message 7 of 8

MClarke
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What kind of unsupporting support service does this?! Answer, one that doesn't care! I totally agree with you. Many other big companies have been able to deal with the challenges this crisis has thrown up, but this "communication" company cannot. 

Message 8 of 8