Did you mean: 

Unable to make or receive calls

J0h0sephat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I'm hoping someone may be able to offer me some advice.

When I call another phone, I have the dialling screen but no sound. The phone I'm calling will ring and can be answered, but they can't hear anything. I have the dialling screen and no sound throughout, so I don't know the other phone is ringing or answered.

When I'm called, neither party will get any sound and I'll have no notification of an incoming call 

This happens the majority of the time, but not all the time.

I have a dual SIM handset - both physical SIMs. The other non-O2 SIM works fine.

I've tried clearing the cache of the phone app, resetting network settings and rebooting phone.

I've been with O2 for many years and do not have a new handset, so nothing has changed since the problem arose recently.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126434 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

@J0h0sephat 

I'll tag one of our account advisors @O2Helen01  and hopefully she'll be able to help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

O2Helen01
Former Staff
  • 33 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Afternoon all, thanks for the tag @Cleoriff  . @J0h0sephat I'm going to send you a message privately and we can discuss your issue further.

Message 3 of 7

Z9
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve been having this same issue for 3 weeks now and they keep telling me there’s no issues and a guru will call, so frustrating as I can’t make/receive calls. 

Message 4 of 7

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38865 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

@Z9 wrote:

I’ve been having this same issue for 3 weeks now and they keep telling me there’s no issues and a guru will call, so frustrating as I can’t make/receive calls. 

Strange, as O2 dropped the Guru branding over a year or more ago, calling it "Tech Support" instead. All I can suggest is to contact O2 via Social Media as shown in the link just below this post, @Z9.

Message 5 of 7

Z9
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

IMG_4600.jpeg

 I have no idea what’s going on. This is the reply I get every time and I’m starting to think it’s automated as it’s the exact same response with the exact same timeframe every time. 

Message 6 of 7

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38865 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

@Z9 wrote:

[image deleted]

 I have no idea what’s going on. This is the reply I get every time and I’m starting to think it’s automated as it’s the exact same response with the exact same timeframe every time. 

Hi @Z9 - you may get better results from the My Network app from O2 - it can be set-up to monitor key places of interest for you, eg home, your work area, etc: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

You will need to register to use it, as it does not tie-in to the normal Community or MyO2 password store.

Also did you drop O2 a Direct Message or similar via Social Media? The ways to connect are shown in the link just below this post. Good luck!

Message 7 of 7