Did you mean: 

Unable to make calls in the US

m25TR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

i am a pay monthly customer and have confirmed that my plan includes the travel zone 1. I am in the US right now and I’m unable to make any calls, I can’t even call the O2 help numbers. I have a text to my devise saying the usual “welcome to the US” message that also states that I have roaming whilst here. Does anyone have any idea why I can’t make calls or call my own voicemail? 

thanks! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11265 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@m25TR 

First thing to try is to ensure 4G calling is switched on in your phone menu, as if it isnt then you won't be able to make calls in the US. 

Also try another US netwokr T-Mobile seems to work the best.

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23905 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

@m25TR To add to the advice above from @madasaf1sh see if anything in this guide helps:

USA - Roaming with O2 - O2 Community

If you're still having difficulty you can download and use WhatsApp over a WiFi connection to call other WhatsApp users anywhere.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38199 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

And as per very last line of Guide: Roaming MegaGuide @m25TR for the USA especially (only Contract customers, PAYG won't work in USA for O2 PAYG customers at this time, as 4G Calling is not offered to those customers). Good luck!

- Forbidden Networks: If you're struggling to connect to any of the roaming networks showing as available, another option is to try and manually connect to any networks showing as forbidden.

Message 4 of 4