Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make and receive calls and some problems with texts

Nightowl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Since last week I have been unable to make calls on my phone and at times have not been able to receive them.

When trying to dial out I receive the error message: call failure, the call could not be connected, please try again later.

This seems to happen whether I am dialing an O2 number or other networks and local/national numbers.

I have received a couple of calls from other networks and local/national numbers but had problems with people dialing in from O2. When people using O2 tried to contact me they were diverted straight to voicemail and sometimes I received a text to say I had a missed call.

I have also had problems at times sending and receiving texts.

I have looked online where people suggest looking at call forwarding settings but when I go to that screen I get an error and am unable to access the settings.

Anyone any ideas?
Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Nightowl have a read through the self help thread here to see if you can narrow the issue down to phone, sim or network. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-sort-out-my-network-issues/ba-p/1014088 

Any O2 store will give you a free sim swap too to eliminate that as an issue.

If it is a call divert issue, dialing ##002# and pressing the call button will cancel all diverts, assuming that you have a valid network connection to send the command.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Nightowl Have you checked to see if there are any mast issues in your area? http://status.o2.co.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 21

Nightowl
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Bambino Yes I had a check last week when the issues first started and also again today. It says everything is fine but I know they have just put up a new mast in my area which is due to be turned on in July so I did wonder if it could be related to that.
Message 3 of 21

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Nightowl have a read through the self help thread here to see if you can narrow the issue down to phone, sim or network. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-sort-out-my-network-issues/ba-p/1014088 

Any O2 store will give you a free sim swap too to eliminate that as an issue.

If it is a call divert issue, dialing ##002# and pressing the call button will cancel all diverts, assuming that you have a valid network connection to send the command.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 21

Nightowl
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 I have tried dialing ##002# and receive an error message stating; error, erasure of all call forwarding failed.

I will read through your link to see if I can find anything there.
Message 5 of 21

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Short codes won't work if you don't have a network connection.
Is this the same everywhere or just in one location?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 21

Nightowl
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 So far I have only had to problem in one location which is at home but to be fair I haven't tried to make/receive calls anywhere else since I have noticed the issue. I will check again and try smart code when I am elsewhere.
Message 7 of 21

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I would also download the MyNetwork app https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network and report the issue through that.
They will respond if they get enough reports so urge anyone else, on O2 with problems, to do the same.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Nightowl Hope you're able to get your issue resolved. Please come back and let us know how you get on. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 21

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 10 of 21