Did you mean: 

Unable to get the PUK code to work

andi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all 

Ok, my ongoing O2 issues continue.  As posted in a previous post around the 22nd August, my old phone died at the weekend and I had to order a new SIM as my replacement phone did not take the large size SIM my old phone used. 

The new SIM came this morning (25th August) and I am glad to report that it was the right size as it was one of those "Russian Doll" ones.  I tried inserting it into my replacement phone and it started to ask for a network PIN code.  By now I had contacted O2 via Livechat - they said they would swap my number to the new SIM their end (I had to give them the new SIM's serial number) as I was unable to get my old phone to work.  They said "wait a while" until the SIM is switched over, and that the SIM PIN was always "0000" anyway.  Well, I entered "0000" everytime my replacement phone asked for a PIN, yet the phone still said it was invalid! 

Now things have escalated, as the replacement phone is now asking for a "Network PUK" code - I searched O2's website, finding the PUK code generator and entered my number - the PUK code it gave I have fed into my replacement phone several times, and each time it says it is invalid!!! 

HELP!  I really need my phone for important things like, well, work.  Any ideas?  

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@andi 

The phone you are trying to use is locked to another network.

Also, due to the fact that you have entered the wrong code too many times, it is now hard locked.

You need to contact the network that has the phone locked and request an MCK code to unlock it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@andi See this: What code do I need: PAC or PUK - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 13

andi
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi.  I don't know!  When you boot up the phone you are presented with dark screen with the following on it: "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." and then a prompt for me to enter a number.  HELP!!

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@andi 

The phone you are trying to use is locked to another network.

Also, due to the fact that you have entered the wrong code too many times, it is now hard locked.

You need to contact the network that has the phone locked and request an MCK code to unlock it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

andi
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI MI5 - the phone has never been used!  It was sold as unlocked from Argos back in 2016 I think (I am slow at opening presents). 

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @andi 

It must have been a network locked phone when purchased.

What does it say about the network on the box or what sim came with it?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

andi
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi.  It came without a SIM card.  This is the first time it had ever had a SIM in it. 

Message 7 of 13

andi
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just tried checking my IMEI number here: https://directunlocks.com/en_gb/network-check but nothing came up.  Do you think I have to pay to get the phone unlocked?  

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@andi 

I would try your local market stall or repair shop for the cheapest option.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

andi
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, I will leave the thread open for now in case O2 come up with anything today when I contact them.  I need to get this sorted as I have really important messages and texts to deal with.  

Message 10 of 13