Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to call out or receive calls

Phantom1974
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For a couple of months (like many others) I have been working from home.

Up to about 2 months ago I never had any problems with my phone, then on calls more and more people were saying to me that they were unable to hear me etc

This has gradually got worse and worse and more frequent over time

I've checked signal etc etc as on other message boards and followed all steps but nothing can solve the problem

I am sat here now unable to call out and if I use my landline to call my mobile it just drops and doesn't connect to anything

Obviously I am advised everywhere on O2 site to call them, which obviously I can't do.

I saw a link to online help but that just went to the "Contact us" help page - which in truth just goes around and around in circles and I have not been able to find any links to any online help

I am really unsure what I can do going forward to resolve the problem, like above I have read through many previous similar questions and followed advice about checks and things to try but to no avail

I am really desperate for assistance as need access to my phone for personal health reasons

I would be very greatful for any assistance anyone can provide please

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@Phantom1974

This sounds like a handset fault, in all fairness, but their are a couple of things to test this.

What handset do you have?

1. Try your sim card in another Phone if you can

If you get the same result

2. Order a new sim card from o2 and do a simswap and see if that helps.

If the simcard works in the other handset, then you will need to contact your handset manufacturers support lines.

O2 can be contacted as below:

If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.when it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

Phantom1974
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the above

Sadly due to Corona virus restrictions I am on my own at present so unable to swap my SIM

I literally can't make any calls, so can't even call 202

I have looked into ordering a new SIM card but can't see where that can be done?

Does anyone have the URL to this please?

Thank you in advance

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Phantom1974 

You can use Skype to contact O2.

All details on this link Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4