Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add an Apple Watch Plan

Andy8802
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just joined O2 on a sim only contract.

I'm trying to add a watch plan for my son's Apple Watch but it is giving me the message "The O2 account on this iPhone cannot be used to add a mobile plan to "xxxxxxxx Apple Watch". For more information about Apple Watch mobile plans visit https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular.".

I have called O2 and was told to go to an O2 shop as they couldn't work out why it wouldn't let me order a watch plan.

Anyone had this before and know how to solve it? Need to get it sorted before the 14 day cooling off period so I don't get stuck with O2 if they can't fix it.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37275 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

All the gotchas with Apple watch pairing (which only works when paired with a Contract (Refresh, SIMO or bundled), not a PAYG (Big Bundle, Rolling Plan or Classic), SIM!) handset with O2, here: Activate Apple Watch Guide @Andy8802 

Contacts for help included in each section. Good luck!

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147038 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions

@Andy8802 

How long have you had the simo as it might take a few days for the number to be populated on all the O2 systems.

Also, a direct debit is required to pay the sim plan so this may not yet be registered until the first payment is taken.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3