cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add Pay and Go number to o2 account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I recently purchase a new pay and go phone but already have two pay monthly phones on my account.  I want to be able to manage the account from 'My o2' but the new number is not appearing there.  If I try and register a new with the number I have it just says that it is already connected to my existing account.  Can someone please assist with being able to add my number to my existing account please!!

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
How dumb is that !!!!
You'll have to call CS to get them to link it I'm afraid.
Call 202 and ask the pay monthly team to add your PAYG phone (call from one of your monthly contract phones and it will be free).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You need to register it with a different email address and then link the account to your main one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Be aware that once you link in the number you are unable to reverse it.
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

It won't allow me to.  When I put the mobile number in it just says it's already registered with the current email and won't let me continue with the registration process.

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
So if it's already registered just log in to your main account and then use the link option to bring the new one in.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Says i can't bring it in from the same email address.

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You may want to call Cs on 202 Contract or 4445 Payg if your getting stuck.

They can do this for you.
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
How dumb is that !!!!
You'll have to call CS to get them to link it I'm afraid.
Call 202 and ask the pay monthly team to add your PAYG phone (call from one of your monthly contract phones and it will be free).

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice guys. Were you able to solve this @Anonymous ?

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Marina,

Unfortunately I haven't been able to just yet as have been busy but will call CS asap.

Message 10 of 11