Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Transfer Balance from O2 PAYG to PAY Monthly SIM Only

pachallis
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Recently saw offer on my PAYG account for a Pay Monthly SIM Only Deal. Took advantage to switch my Three SIM Only account that was coming to an end to switch to O2 for better network coverage.

Switch went perfectly, but I still had just under £8 balance on my PAYG account that I wanted to switch to my Pay Monthly SIM Only account.

Found answer on the community saying that if both account are in the same name (they are) then I should be able to transfer the balance accross by ringing 4445. 

I rang them and got told that only if the O2 PAYG number had switched to Pay Monthly would the balance be transferred automatically - otherwise they are totally different groups within O2 and balace transfer is not possible.

If I had just switched my O2 PAYG to Pay Monthly first, and then transferred by Three number later I guess I would have been okay, but as I got O2 to transfer my Three number at the same time (as offered when I put the order in) I am stuck with the balance on a (O2) SIM card I don't want anymore.

Is this really the correct?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94071 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You were told correctly @pachallis 

What you now want to do isn't possible

ou either use the credit on the PAYG or lose it I'm afraid

You can always text a donation to charity....?

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 149547 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@pachallis 

If I'm understanding correctly the balance was on your 3 sim?

If so, you cannot transfer a balance from Three to O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

pachallis
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No - the balance is on my O2 PAYG SIM (I've updated the original post to clarify)

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 149547 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@pachallis wrote:

No - the balance is on my O2 PAYG SIM

OK, so you just need to move the PAYG number to your contract and the balance can be transferred @pachallis 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 9

pachallis
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - both numbers appear on my O2 account under my name - how do I actually transfer the balance?

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 149547 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@pachallis 

Only by moving the PAYG number to your contract sim.

Message 6 of 9

pachallis
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but I don't want to transfer my PAYG number to my contract SIM - I could have done this originally if I didn't take advantage of the offer to transfer my Three number at the same time - as I mentioned in my original post.

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 149547 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@pachallis 

I'm aware of that, but it's the only way you can do it (which is also what you asked).

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 94071 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You were told correctly @pachallis 

What you now want to do isn't possible

ou either use the credit on the PAYG or lose it I'm afraid

You can always text a donation to charity....?

Message 9 of 9