cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uk Mobiles abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having some difficulty finding a suitable package for calling from a Uk mobile to a Uk mobile abroad. This will also be used for calling international land lines. It also needs some kind of data access. Can anyone help?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
If you are ringing a UK mobile number from the UK (no matter where the other phone is) you only pay UK rates (or it comes out of your allowance). It's the receiver of the call who will pay the extra roaming charges.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to ask but are you phoning abroad from the Uk or are you abroad and phoning somebody else abroad or phoning the UK?

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
phoning abroad from the UK
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok this may help you.

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/calling_abroad_from_uk

Also have a think about using Whatsapp for text/picture messaging (have you come across that before?)

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
no, but Ill have a look, thanks
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I like the 'whatapp', but still not getting the information i need from the link. The mobiles that I need to call are registered in the UK. Would there be any package that would cater for ringing these lines?
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
If you are ringing a UK mobile number from the UK (no matter where the other phone is) you only pay UK rates (or it comes out of your allowance). It's the receiver of the call who will pay the extra roaming charges.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you. That is what i needed to know
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you want to call landlines you can get the international bolt on where you can nominate 3 landlines.The cost is £10 and you get 3000 minutes.

The benefit of this is that there is no cost to the receiver so you would need to weigh up  the benefits to your contact as to the cost of them receiving a call from you on their mobile.

http://www.o2.co.uk/internationalfavourites

Message 9 of 9