cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugrade and "This promo code can't be used with this order. Remove it to continue." error for O2Open

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

The "Go to Checkout" button disappears when I add the Promo code for my O2Open discount, despite the promo code being applied - trying to build an upgrade here...

20**Personal info** 23_19_57-O2 _ Upgrade _ Basket.png

Frustrating, will try again in the morning.

Code is only available wit Online or Telephone orders, local O2 Shop cannot use/apply the code. rolling_eyes

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Well... in the absence of any input from this side, and no feedback yet from the "Perks at Work" website ("a response to your query within 72hours", pfffft!), I had an interesting chat on another thread with @MI5 about this offer:

20**Personal info** 21_07_28-Best OnePlus 6T 8GB RAM Pay Monthly Contract & SIM Free Deals _ Mobile Phones Di.png

It beats the O2 offering for the same model of phone in several important ways:

1. It's cheaper, including the cash-back offer shown above, for the mid-range phone (OnePlus 6T Midnight Black 8GB/128GB) than the low-end Mirror Black 6GB/128GBmodel that would have fitted my budget from O2 direct, had I been able to apply the 25% off Airtime only O2Open discount code to my upgrade on the O2 Website "Promo Code" box as instructed in my employer's benefits site instructions (see above).

2. It's just a little better in data offering than the 4GB/month tarriff I could afford on the O2 offer (detail on pricing in the rather long screenshot below) at 25GB plus bolt-on to triple my data up to 75GB/month for the duration of the deal.

3. It's a 2-year contract, not the 3-year one I was being forced to take on a slightly lower-spec phone in order to fit my budget -- which means I am not relying on luck to keep my phone working in the 3rd year of my 3-year term with O2 direct.

4. It was ordered at 7pm 14-Jan and was here by noon on 15-Jan (no "wait until 2 days later and collect it from your designated O2 store").

Now I am off to play with my new toy - thanks, @MI5!

PS. I did order a OnePlus flip case for my new 6T from O2's website, with an advertised discount code ACCESSORY20, which dropped the case cost from £17.95 (same as on OnePlus website), free postage included, to £14.93 or thereabouts - thank you, O2, it arrived before noon on 15-Jan also, having been ordered immediately after I placed the order for my new 6T 8GB/128GB!

The O2 offering in its gory detail, sans O2Open code coz' that made the "Go to Checkout" button disappear from the O2 "My Basket" as shown earlier in this post.

Screenshot_20190112-111803.jpg

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Just to add some flesh to the bones of this:

My workplace uses the Perks at Work website offering discounts and other stuff.

They offer 25% off o2 Airtime Plans. On Perks website it says:

20**Personal info** 11_48_53-Seagate Perks at Work.png

The code I have on the Perks website is 13 characters long, and not the normal 5-character that o2open website needs.

Needless to say, O2 Telesales (referenced above) told me to go ahead and order the upgrade, then call them back to get the O2Open stuff sorted out - with the caveat that "if it didn't work, you can always return the device within 14 days"...(!)

Has anyone else successfully used the Perks At Work method of getting the Airtime discount on a new or upgrade Refresh contract?  @Martin-O2@Marjo or @EmilieT?

Message 2 of 6

pgn
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Well... in the absence of any input from this side, and no feedback yet from the "Perks at Work" website ("a response to your query within 72hours", pfffft!), I had an interesting chat on another thread with @MI5 about this offer:

20**Personal info** 21_07_28-Best OnePlus 6T 8GB RAM Pay Monthly Contract & SIM Free Deals _ Mobile Phones Di.png

It beats the O2 offering for the same model of phone in several important ways:

1. It's cheaper, including the cash-back offer shown above, for the mid-range phone (OnePlus 6T Midnight Black 8GB/128GB) than the low-end Mirror Black 6GB/128GBmodel that would have fitted my budget from O2 direct, had I been able to apply the 25% off Airtime only O2Open discount code to my upgrade on the O2 Website "Promo Code" box as instructed in my employer's benefits site instructions (see above).

2. It's just a little better in data offering than the 4GB/month tarriff I could afford on the O2 offer (detail on pricing in the rather long screenshot below) at 25GB plus bolt-on to triple my data up to 75GB/month for the duration of the deal.

3. It's a 2-year contract, not the 3-year one I was being forced to take on a slightly lower-spec phone in order to fit my budget -- which means I am not relying on luck to keep my phone working in the 3rd year of my 3-year term with O2 direct.

4. It was ordered at 7pm 14-Jan and was here by noon on 15-Jan (no "wait until 2 days later and collect it from your designated O2 store").

Now I am off to play with my new toy - thanks, @MI5!

PS. I did order a OnePlus flip case for my new 6T from O2's website, with an advertised discount code ACCESSORY20, which dropped the case cost from £17.95 (same as on OnePlus website), free postage included, to £14.93 or thereabouts - thank you, O2, it arrived before noon on 15-Jan also, having been ordered immediately after I placed the order for my new 6T 8GB/128GB!

The O2 offering in its gory detail, sans O2Open code coz' that made the "Go to Checkout" button disappear from the O2 "My Basket" as shown earlier in this post.

Screenshot_20190112-111803.jpg

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Glad you got sorted and for what it's worth, you made the right choice slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

pgn
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Glad you got sorted and for what it's worth, you made the right choice slight_smile

I know - it's a beaut! Fantastic  Thanks for all the chat and for sharing your own OnePlus experiences, which have been immensely helpful, @MI5 - and also thanks to @gmarkj I think it was for his experience, along with your own, of Mobilephonesdirect. 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6