cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Data Charges - be aware

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody else find the US data roaming charges of £6 per MB excessive, just arrived in the US and quickly checked something on the internet, found out this has cost me £32.

Is this O2 recovering revenue it's now lossing on EU roaming charges.

Make sure you switch your data services off before you land stateside or you could end up with a big bill, I only realised that i was using so much data when I got the txt to say I'd gone over £20.

I've just changed from a Blackberry Bold to a Q10 and on my previous contract I never spent more than £15 per month on data while in the US, seems that the data rates ofr the US have gone through the roof.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did they not do it for the Eu
Message 11 of 15

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

No the eu did it for the eu ofcom was not involved as it was an eu directive

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

No, Ofcom is a UK regulator, they have no powers elsewhere:

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok fair enough cheers Adam still think something could be done to lower the price
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok fair enough cheers Adam still think something could be done to lower the price

I totally agree (although I dont see it happening), after all, theres no way it costs £6 to send 20Mb of data anywhere in the world. I'd have to do some proper calculations to figure out how much data I would need to send/recieve over my broadband connection before I was charged £6 by my ISP but I know its going to be ALOT more than 20Mb!

Message 15 of 15