cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT - PHONE LOST

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2, since you have set no provisions for an emergency number for people to call when their phones are lost/stolen, and since your generic number is giving me a stupid message telling me that it's unlikely I can speak to anyone today due to the wait time I've been forced to log on here. Your live chat is also MIA, super helpful.

I have to report my phone as lost, I need to do this so someone who may find my phone doesn't rack up a huge bill that I'm lumbered with. I also need to do this so my insurance company actually allow me to put a claim in for a new phone, so that's why I'm here.

Please can someone from O2 acknowledge this message, and preferably have the sense to not tell me to call up the useless number I've already tried.

If O2 could perhaps consider an emergency line for lost and stolen phones, that would be great, it would also make a lot of bloody sense.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome. This is a customer to customer forum so unfortunately no one from O2 will see your complaint. I've had a look on the O2 website and you can report a phone lost or stolen 24 hours a day on the following numbers:

If you're a Pay Monthly customer, call us on:
0344 809 0202, or +44 344 809 0202 if you're abroad.

If you're a Pay & Go customer you'll need to call:
0344 809 0222 or +44 344 809 0222 if you're abroad.

Full infomation is available here - http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/lost-or-stolen-device

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Use the landline number on this link.
No one from O2 will respond to you or see this post as it's a customer forum.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome. This is a customer to customer forum so unfortunately no one from O2 will see your complaint. I've had a look on the O2 website and you can report a phone lost or stolen 24 hours a day on the following numbers:

If you're a Pay Monthly customer, call us on:
0344 809 0202, or +44 344 809 0202 if you're abroad.

If you're a Pay & Go customer you'll need to call:
0344 809 0222 or +44 344 809 0222 if you're abroad.

Full infomation is available here - http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/lost-or-stolen-device
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that's the number I called, there's clearly something wrong with their phone lines 😞

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you both anyway, I'm pretty disgusted at O2 for not giving people with lost or stolen phones alternative contact when their lines aren't working properly

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I agree - it's something we have suggested before and it has supposedly been fed back to O2.
Make sure you report loss to police too just in case someone hands it in.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you both anyway, I'm pretty disgusted at O2 for not giving people with lost or stolen phones alternative contact when their lines aren't working properly

Thanks for your thoughts on this, I'll feed it back to the team.

Its a topic that has been mentioned by others before. 

Message 8 of 8