Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT - Cancelled Order still active

Emma89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So, long story short I had taken out a pay monthly contract but cancelled it before it was due to start as I wasn't at home to receive the device due to work commitments as an emergency worker.
However, O2 continue to send me messages about my bill and account and the courier continues to try to send me the handset.
I have cancelled the order twice on the phone now, what else do I need to do? I do not want the contract anymore due to all of the hassle and definitely do not want to be charged anything when I cancelled ahead of time.
Does anyone know an email address that works so I can put the cancellation in writing? Or any other advice on what to do?
It shouldn't be this hard. I was going to come back to O2 at a time when it was more convenient to take out a mobile contract but all of this hassle and stress is making me want to go elsewhere.

Help!

Kind regards

Emma
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Don't rely on chat to tell you the day of the week

Once an item has been ordered chat can't override the order, it will have to be returned

Calling them will let you know if the order has been cancelled definitely

Message 11 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 123309 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Demi 

If you can't cancel, you will have to return it under the 14 day change of mind policy.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/our-change-of-mind-policy 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 16

Demi
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
but they told me that the cancellation had been put through and would get the upfront payment returned, now this it all been a joke. dont want the phone no more so means i am going to loose my upfront fee then
Message 13 of 16

Demi
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
But i asked for this to be cancelled before was even dispatched or an answer had been given on the credit check.
Message 14 of 16

Demi
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
02 are a total joke why can they not just do as asked as now had the text off the delivery company to say it being delivered tomorrow but do not want this phone any more, plus why do i need to go through all the hassle of returning the item when 02 cant follow a simple instruction
Message 15 of 16

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Sorry but like I said, you will have to return it under the change of mind policy. There is a returns label included. Otherwise O2 will bill you the full amount.

Message 16 of 16