cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPGRADING

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously miffed in fact so miffed that eyebrows are raised too.

Don't EVER upgrade online my god do they rip you off big style...

We have two contracts mine being the most expensive I usually get an upgrade and new phone and I am now on the "refresh" well the minute this contract is up but sadly not for another 18 months I won't be doing an upgrade online can't believe how they treat loyalty well 02 let my show you some real "loyalty"

The other phone on contract is just sim only and having recently upgraded phone it needs data so I rang to cancel as giff gaff have a decent £10 deal.

Now the lass dealing with us was a sweetheart not her doing but she offered us for the sim only phone a £10 monthly sim for 12 months which gives unlimited texts & minutes and 2GB of data bonus happy smiles.

Now me on up-grading I pay £14 plan + £14 phone for of course 24 months and what is included in my plan squat diddly compared to this...

I get 500mb, 500 min, 500 02 mins and unlimited texts yeah definitely not feeling the love for 02.

When I mentioned my price plane and how it compares to the sim only plan the response was did you do it online? 

So DON'T upgrade or renew contract online they don't give you the best options am really miffed that I am paying 40% more for a quarter of the sim only deal.

So 02 not impressed but lesson learnt and hopefully no-one else is going to get shafted the same way I did because I chose to do it online....

Oh while on rant why is there no option to add minutes as a bolt on???

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
To get the deals you have to call through and speak to retentions - we always advise that.
I was also under the belief that you can add a minutes bolt on but all bolt ons are tariff dependent so it may not be available for your particular tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

As I said I have learnt the hard way just putting it out there not to fall into the same trap I did.   As for adding minutes again I thought bolt ons were available across the board? 

After all these years with 02 still learning how they have you by the short & curly's if you aren't savvy enough.

Isn't it ludicrous that you have to threaten to leave a company before they will give you a decent deal?

there are too many companies who don't reward loyalty, and that alone can make me change which I will do next time I doubt that I will stay with 02 hate all the crappy loopholes and underhand way of selling.

Wouldn't you just love a company who has a scale of tariffs that are the same regardless of contract, pay & go and don't change when you threaten  to leave...  I would stay with a company like that because I know everyone is treated the same and that those who shout loudest and threaten most don't get preferencial treatment.   

Yeah I know in the land of make believe :-)))

Thank you for your response.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
All valid points that any customer would find hard to argue with wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

O2 stopped their loyalty schemes some time ago. They now supposedly operate a 'fair for all' policy, but it isn't really, as you can, as you say, get a deal if you threaten to leave.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5