cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPGRADE OFFER, 02 have not got a clue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Received an email today from o2 regarding price increases.  Not happy but just have to live with it.

Here’s the best part.  In my email it mention I can get an upgrade now without a penalty charge J.

Called o2, they had no idea about this.  Sent the email to o2 to check if it was official.  Guess what it was.  The nice lady then said ok we will upgrade your phone now for you.  She then contacted upgrades team and yes you have guessed it they had no clue and refused to do it.

Here is part of the email.

You'll also see some changes to our other charges, such as for calls and texts if you go over your monthly allowance, international calls and MMS. To see what this means for you, go to o2.co.uk/prices.

And now for the good bit

Want a new phone now? Have it. We've arranged for you to upgrade early – without any fees or charges. Call us on 202 free from your mobile or Live Chat with us through the Help & Support section of o2.co.uk.

This is just the start of everything we've got lined up for you. Like more great value for money services. Even more exciting technology. Watch this space.

Kind regards

Martin Bould
Head of Consumer Marketing

No one from o2 seem to know about this email.

Time to visit Facebook & twitter.

Has anyone had these emails?

Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is currently being looked at by the o2 team.  It does seem people at o2 are a bit baffeled about the email offer.

Been promised a call on Tuesday, so will update then.

thanks for everyones help on this.

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I had the email about price rise but no mention of an upgrade on mine.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

What the email means is they aren't going to charge you a term fee to upgrade.  You'll still have the feb price rise and the new ts and cs with the price rise every april.

Message 3 of 25

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

to tell if an o2 email is official they say this on mine (business customer)

How
do I know this is really from O2?

Genuine O2 Business emails will always include the last four digits of your
account number at the top. If you get one that doesn't, please forward it to phishing@o2.com so we can take a look. Tell
me more about phishing.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thats fine increase in Price.  That happens.  It the upgrade, o2 are not letting me upgrade as they I still have about 6-7 months on my contact.

But the email says they will not charge me to upgrade now.

Issue is they are not letting me, no one at o2 know whats the hell is going on

Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, thats fine increase in Price.  That happens.  It the upgrade, o2 are not letting me upgrade as they I still have about 6-7 months on my contact.

But this email says they will not charge me to upgrade now without charging me. 

Issue is they are not letting me they no one at o2 know whats the hell is going on

If you have something in writing then they will have to honour it.  Its happened in the past with customers who got the email.  Obviously you'd have to forward it to someone at O2 so they know for sure it was sent to you and not forwarded on from a friend.

Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the email check by o2, they gave me a private email to send to.

Came back straight away and said this is an o2 email.

I have blanked out some details with *****

Important news about your tariff

No pictures? See the email in full

This is an official O2 email for the mobile number ending ****. For more info, scroll to the bottom.

Hello Madden

Important news about the price of your mobile tariff

At O2, we want you to have the best digital experience possible. That's why we're always investing in the best technology.

We're already making this happen. But with the current Retail Price Index (RIP) rate of inflation at 2.7%, the cost of everything is going up. As a result, we're adjusting the price of your tariff in line with RPI. This means when you get your March 2014 bill, it will be updated from ********

You'll also see some changes to our other charges, such as for calls and texts if you go over your monthly allowance, international calls and MMS. To see what this means for you, go to o2.co.uk/prices.

And now for the good bit

Want a new phone now? Have it. We've arranged for you to upgrade early – without any fees or charges. Call us on 202 free from your mobile or Live Chat with us through the Help & Support section of o2.co.uk.

This is just the start of everything we've got lined up for you. Like more great value for money services. Even more exciting technology. Watch this space.

Kind regards

Martin Bould
Head of Consumer Marketing

Contact Us

Priority Moments

Priority Tickets

Help

My O2

How do I know this is really from O2?
Genuine O2 Tariff Information emails will always include the last four digits of your mobile number at the top. If you get one that doesn't, please forward it to phishing@o2.com so we can take a look. Tell me more about phishing.

This email is sent from Telefónica UK Limited, a company registered in England and Wales.
Registered office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX. Registered number: 1743099.
Please do not reply to this email.

Terms & Conditions

Privacy Policy

Message 7 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, so how can I get this sorted, and who to contact at o2.

Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Possibly the site management here who is called @Toby will be able to help.

Private Message him.

Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

If O2 know that was sent to you, and is a genuine o2 email, then whether its right or not they have to honour it as its something you've been promised in writing.  Have you spoken to a manager?

Message 10 of 25