cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNABLE TO CANCEL CONTRACT AS NO ONE EVER ANSWERS OR GET CUT OFF...WEB CHAT THE SAME..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right im well peeved as spent last few days trying to cancel my sim only plan...spent 3 hours on the phone in a cue only to get cut off...webchat asks you a load of stuff then sends you to a cancellations chat place that never answers...got cut off after 45 mins earlier via webchat...reconnected then promised at 9.42 that if he put me thru to recontracting they could do and its only a 2 minute wait that way...still here waiting now at 4 mins past midnight...reading around net it seems like this is how o2 do things..others find it as difficult as me,,,contacted them 20 time thru o2 facebook page and no reply as of yet...Is it too much to ask to actually speak to a human being personally...o2 shop in town cant do it,,,they only deal in sales...THERES NO OPTION WHEN I LOG INTO MY O2 ACCOUNT TO CANCEL AND SURELY THIS NEEDS ADREESSING URGENLTY. ...For a communications company they dont like to communicate with people at all...If i fone 202 to try and join tho,,,,theres no que and get put thru immediatelly..customer services is the worst ive ever experienced...heres a transcript of webchat

You're through to 'O2 : Rahul'

Rahul: Hi I'm O2 : Rahul. How can I help?

STEPHEN JONES: ime really really annoyed

STEPHEN JONES: cant thru on phone to customer services

STEPHEN JONES: just been put thru to cancellations via this we chat and waited 40 mins

STEPHEN JONES: then was disconnected

Rahul: I'm really sorry for the trouble caused to you .

STEPHEN JONES: 3 hour wait on phone earlier to be cut off

STEPHEN JONES: been tryinf for over a week now

STEPHEN JONES: want cancellations...and not prepared to wait

STEPHEN JONES: reading round net,,,general consensus is this is done on purpose

Rahul: I'm really sorry for this as there was chat flow that is why the wait time was there.

Rahul: I'll check this for you.

Rahul: Please can you tell me the 2nd & 5th character of your security answer?

STEPHEN JONES: ive got 5 children  and dont have the time to sit here and waiting for hours

STEPHEN JONES: virgin sorted my other problem earlier in 10 minutes

Rahul: Don't worry , you'll not have to wait for long time now.

STEPHEN JONES: @@@@@@  is my security question....so @ and @ .......please just dont stick me in another que,,im really annoyed...cancelled direct debit already....cant go in shop and canel and cant via my online account...i suppose your just gonna stick me in a que now yes.....so so unhappy..

Rahul: Thanks for the information .

STEPHEN JONES: ive just waited 45 mins and got disconnected in webchat....3 hours on phone via 202 earlier...not good enough..ive been trying to spk to a human being now for over a week to cancel this!!!!!!!!!!

Rahul: Let me transfer this chat to our recontract team,they'll cancel the contract for you and there is wait time of 2 minutes only .

STEPHEN JONES: I NEED TO GET KIDS BED ITS 10PM HERE IN UK

Rahul: Sure

We’re putting you through to the right person, won’t be long.

that was 2 hours and 30 minutes ago...wife phoned virgin today with a slight problem and everything was sorted in less than 10 minute...

Am I alone in thinking thinking customer services are diabloical and a sham??

This is just today tho...been trying for several days and not managed to spk to a human yet...its gone beyond a joke now and am recommending friends and family to stay away..

Stephen jones

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to hear of the difficulties you have faced, cancelling your contract can only be done over the phone. I work in one of the call centres and there have been no queues for the last few days so you should get through quite quickly on 202

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear of your woes and understand it is frustrating when trying to get through to any call centre.

The regulars on here will all advise not to use live chat for account queries but to just use them for general low level issues or questions.

We are told they are undergoing training to improve their service.

All I can suggest is to keep trying 202 from your mobile when you have some time free when your not going to get disturbed.

Take care.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to hear of the difficulties you have faced, cancelling your contract can only be done over the phone. I work in one of the call centres and there have been no queues for the last few days so you should get through quite quickly on 202
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

JohnJo im assuming you work in one of the 02 Callcentres ?

If what you state is accurate then why is the Community Forum getting inundated with unhappy disgruntled customers unable to get to speak to an advisor ?

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

With all due respect to the OP, getting mad with the customer service guy doesn't help, he's trying (and they can be VERY trying sometimes) to do his job as best he can.

I've rung them on 202 loads of times and done the online chat, sometimes they're good, sometimes they're about as much use as a chocolate teapot, it just depends who you get.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your call queues have no bearing on how busy O2 is. Those call queues are specific to your centre (and usually your department).

Also, Dearne Valley take the vast majority of our calls and haven't been as quiet as the in-house O2 centres.

And if the customer is using the IVR properly (to speak to cancellations) then their call queues can be far longer than customer services.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

With all due respect to the OP, getting mad with the customer service guy doesn't help, he's trying (and they can be VERY trying sometimes) to do his job as best he can.

I've rung them on 202 loads of times and done the online chat, sometimes they're good, sometimes they're about as much use as a chocolate teapot, it just depends who you get.

I dont see where im "getting mad" at the Customer Service person Richard ?

Please explain !

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

You were getting rather impatient with them, saying "I'm not prepared to wait" etc, this could be seen as getting a bit annoyed with them.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fair enough, I was only making an observation, but I was under the impression I could transfer a call to the correct dept if needed
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Fair enough, I was only making an observation, but I was under the impression I could transfer a call to the correct dept if needed

You can but what I mean is just because you are sitting in available (ready to take calls) - the other call centres mgith have big queues for the same department and so custoemrs might still be waiting a while to get through.

And we are not supposed to encourage miusing the IVR to speak to less busy departments cause it isn't fair on those who use it properly and actually press the numebr for cancellations.

I do get what you mean though - just thought I'd point out the call queue system slight_smile

Message 10 of 10