cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME LTD CHARGES

Anonymous
Not applicable

MY SON HAS CHARGES FROM UME LTD ON HIS PHONE BILL. THESE CHARGES ARE £4.50 EVERY WEEK AND HE IS NOT AWARE OF WHAT THEY ARE. HOW CAN I STOP THESE CHARGES?

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG just checked my latest bill and exactly the same, weekly charges of £4.50 from UME Ltd. Just got straight onto O2 chat and this is what they said...... UME Ltd are charges for a paid gaming site. Their telephone number is 0203 5409814 I have to ring them tomorrow and demand to know how my number was subscribed to their service. They should refund my money as I havent subscribed knowingly to anything. O2 have applied a bar so no future 3rd parties can charge my account. This will take 24 hours to complete but I will not be liabel for any charges made between now and when it kicks in. So make sure you have the bar put on your number so no one can ever do this again, and I look forward to calling UME Ltd tomorrow. 

Message 21 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good luck.
They are all utter scumbags!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 30

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi o2. I have just been made aware that I am sadly a victim of the below fraud with UME.

I have contacted your call centre and applied premium bars to services and calls. I have also raised an enquiry form complaint with Phone-paid Services Authority to try and get my money back as they have scammed me out of £40 so far.

My concern (that was not answered by the advisor on the phone) was will the bars applied on the account prevent the funds coming back out from the account? Also apart from PSA is there anything else I can do to get my money back.

Message 24 of 30

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
To get your money back the best way is to contact UME directly, as per the advice on the thread.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 30

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 won't refund the charges so you do need to call them. Also ask that your number is removed from their database as advised.      

Message 26 of 30

Tina
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
hello
to averyone
What do you know about UME LTD?
Message 27 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122383 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Tina Exactly what you were told on these threads you posted on before

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/UME-LTD/m-p/1138998#M153652

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/UME-SCAM/m-p/1138995#M153651

Please go back to the threads and follow what was posted there. Thanks wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 30

CliveB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Doing a companies house search brings back interesting results, not least in the names of directors (who are all based overseas, but have an office in the UK). But also the main shareholder for the company: cliq digital ag, who are listed under persons with significant control... this is a company, not a person. 

Message 29 of 30

TAYLOR87
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi does anybody have the email or number that i can contact in order to get these charges cancelled please?

I am being charges £4.50 per week! HELP!

Message 30 of 30