Did you mean: 

Turned down for Apple Watch credit - Excellent credit score 🤔

BigJames78
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I tried to add an Apple Watch 7 on to my account, £18pm. Got an email today to say it was declined. I have an excellent credit score with Experian (980/999). Is this normal for such a small ticket item (relatively speaking) ? 

thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@BigJames78 

If you've moved house or changed jobs recently this can affect the O2 scoring system.

Sadly they will never tell you why they have declined you but you could try credit file referrals to see if they will manually override it.

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10130 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@BigJames78 

Your credit score means nothing, it is a number designed to sell you products, o2 look at your credit file and also your risk profile.  There is something they dont like on their to not offer you credit. 

Your only option with o2 is to wait 30 days and try again...  Or look at the finance offers Apple Offer and buy direct from them. (other retails are available).

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

BigJames78
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got credit of £9k last year for a car which I was able to pay off 6 months ago, I also have access to my full credit file and there are no negative markers, low credit card usage, no missed payments etc so I’m assuming if there was a problem I wouldn’t have got £9k last year (from a bank)

Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10130 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

At the end of the day o2 dont have to give you more credit, its their choice and as I said what their appetite for risk is, and they obviously see you as a credit / business risk

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@BigJames78 

If you've moved house or changed jobs recently this can affect the O2 scoring system.

Sadly they will never tell you why they have declined you but you could try credit file referrals to see if they will manually override it.

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

BigJames78
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah I might try that, been at my address (homeowner) for 9 years and same job for 18 years

Message 6 of 6