cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to set up Visual Voicemail and being given conflicting information

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if anyone could help

I'm on Sim only, when I bought the sim online, I ticked that it would be used in an iphone.

I've got my iphone and data is working, I've checked all the apn settings by searching help articles on o2 and on o2 community but I can't get Visual Voicemail to work

I've updated to IOS 13, then under the instructions from o2 customer service I've reset the phone to factory and set up again.

I mentioned about the idata bolt on in myo2 but there's no mention of any data bolt on at all, just 100gb which refers to the tariff I'm on.

The customer service guy said resetting my phone would fix it as there was no idata bolt on for him to add.

I went to the o2 store who said they can't change to idata because it isn't listed because I can't change my tariff for 30 days

I've disabled and enabled voicemail, and I'm at my wits end

Any one have any thoughts?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous 

You need to call customer service until you get someone whoo knows what they are doing.

You need iData on your account and then make sure your apn for vvm is idata.o2.co.uk

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just trying again

It's a sad state of affairs when you have to keep ringing up for something that you'd think would be a simple request to fulfil and that all the CSA's should be trained to the same standard/have the same info to hand for troubleshooting

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sadly lacking these days unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it sorted thanks to a lovely advisor called Candice, she was very apologetic and sorted it straightaway.

There needs to be more people like Candice, and hopefully if I'm asked for feedback, her manager will get to see it

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Good news slight_smile

Glad you're sorted.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi there @Anonymous
Thanks for letting us know that you were able to find a helpful Customer service agent called Candice to sort the simple problem for you. There certainly does need to be more c.s.advisors like her. Good too that you asked here to point you in the right direction to try again and pursue it.
Happy all came good and welcome to the o2 community forum 😀
I will ask one of our community Managers to possibly get a good feedback to Candice @Martin-O2 ?

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @TallTrees!

@Anonymous I'm really pleased to hear that customer services were able to get this sorted for you. slight_smile I'll drop you a message so that I can get some details that will allow me to track down who you spoke with and pass on your kind words. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8