cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to make rejected payment online (not via phone) whilst abroad?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cancelled my Pay monthly account just after this months payment came out and transferred to a pay as you go sim whilst travelling for the next few years to keep my number active.

I've just received a notification that there's an outstanding payment due for £4.32 on my account, but as I hadn't expected any further payments as this whole month has come out already and I've not used it since the 2nd day of the payment month I cancelled my direct debit. I'm not sure what the charge is for..?

Anyway, I tried to pay but the link to do so is inactive and the only other option I can find is payment by phone. However, as I'm currently in Malaysia this is not only a really expensive option (and will likely cost me considerably more than the amount due) but incredibly inconvenient as I have little to no access to signal a lot of the time.

Has anyone got another solution to what I might do to rectify the situation?

Any help would be very much welcomed!

Thanks in advance.

Caitlin

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

@You could try live chat http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus or do you have any family members still in UK who could call in and pay for you. 

All  they need is your phone number and account security word. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't think they'd accept someone else handling the account. Excellent. I'll try that thank you!! slight_smile

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant I'll give the transfer option a go. Thank you for the help. slight_smile

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As long as they know the answers to your security questions they’ll be fine.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous welcome to our forum. Awesome to hear that you're travelling, Malaysia sounds amazing. sun Hopefully everything goes ok with the payment - please do let us know how it went, and if you have any further questions. slight_smile

Thanks @jonsie and @MI5 for your help! thumbsup

Message 7 of 7