cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel my contract for three months and no cancellation yet Im still paying.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, can anybody tell me how to cancell my monthly payment contract, I have tried by ALL THE MEANS described in the website, I cannot go to store because I am no longer living in the UK. First in August I called to be automatically cancelled on my 12 month as a O2 costumer, on that date no cancellation. Then in October I chated with one O2 representative that told me it was woing to be cancelled and no cancellation. The numbers in the contact us website are not working and Im burning my skype credit waiting for someone to answer me. Terrible service, as soon as I go back to the UK I will not recommend O2 to anyone.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23546 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

You wouldn't have been able to cancel your contract automatically anyway. You have to give 30 day's notice that you want to cancel, and if you wanted to cancel immediately you would still have to pay the remaining months left on your contract all at once. So paying it month to month even though you're not here leaves you no worse off. I would try the number that jonsie gave you again, or try to talk to someone on chat on the O2 website. Or if you are coming back to the UK before your contract is finished you will be able to call O2 on 202 free from your mobile.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

There is an email link in my signature you could use, You've tried chat but in all honesty your best option is to speak to them. It's free from your O2 mobile by calling +44 844 809 0200

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its useless, I have tried calling that phone every time, and it tells me that my call cannot be connected, really, all the services of this company are dissapointing. I burned 6 USDs on skype waiting for them to answer my call given that the number you gave me does not work and given that any of the other contact methods work. But, thank you for your help.

Message 3 of 6

Bambino
  • 23546 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

You wouldn't have been able to cancel your contract automatically anyway. You have to give 30 day's notice that you want to cancel, and if you wanted to cancel immediately you would still have to pay the remaining months left on your contract all at once. So paying it month to month even though you're not here leaves you no worse off. I would try the number that jonsie gave you again, or try to talk to someone on chat on the O2 website. Or if you are coming back to the UK before your contract is finished you will be able to call O2 on 202 free from your mobile.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help Bambino, nevertheless they told me it was possible to set up my contract for autocancelation effective in October 15 (when my 12 month contract ended), they told me this in middle August. I have tried calling them, chatting with them, sending e-mails, everyform of communication and none of them works. Just after sendind an email I received an email from O2 sending me a link to chat with them, the link says, click the button below to chat, and when I look for the button, no button at all, what a joke!! I am aware of the 30 days notice, but I think I gave them more than a 30 day notice when I contacted them on August, and I don't see why would they tell me that my contract would be immediately terminated in September when I chatted with them. It seems policies and comunication are not well disseminated in this company.

Message 5 of 6

Bambino
  • 23546 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your help Bambino, nevertheless they told me it was possible to set up my contract for autocancelation effective in October 15 (when my 12 month contract ended), they told me this in middle August. I have tried calling them, chatting with them, sending e-mails, everyform of communication and none of them works. Just after sendind an email I received an email from O2 sending me a link to chat with them, the link says, click the button below to chat, and when I look for the button, no button at all, what a joke!! I am aware of the 30 days notice, but I think I gave them more than a 30 day notice when I contacted them on August, and I don't see why would they tell me that my contract would be immediately terminated in September when I chatted with them. It seems policies and comunication are not well disseminated in this company.

I don't think I've helped you very much. I misunderstood your first post. It wasn't very clear as to when your contract actually expired. I thought you meant you still had twelve months left. If your contract expired on October 15 you are now just on a one month rolling contract. You still need to call or chat with O2 again to give them notice that you want to end your contract. You will keep on being charged until you do. I don't believe that there is anything called an automatic cancellation. You should try using the number given to you. I know it may wind up costing a few $$$'s on Skype, but it's still cheaper than you having to keep paying for a service you're not using. Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6