Did you mean: 

Trying to buy a new iPhone

Caitie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I'm currently on a 12 month sim only pan with o2 and am using an old iPhone 7 that was unlocked and bought outright years ago. I'm wanting to buy a new iPhone 11 Max Pro through a monthly payment plan, but I'm not sure how to go about this with my current o2 sim. Is there any way I can switch plans to this new iPhone? 

I'd call to ask but sadly my phone microphone is broken, which is one of the reasons I'm buying a new phone. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Caitie 

You'll need to upgrade in your MyO2 but it involves a new tariff too, so try and get one as close as possible to your old one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Caitie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the speedy response @MI5. When I upgrade, will this cancel my previous plan? I don't want to end up paying two plans...

Message 3 of 5

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@Caitie
When you upgrade then you will only pay one plans
You will pay for any outstanding balance for your previous contract if there is any.

You can contact O2 for further support
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Caitie 

Yes it will. The upgrade automatically replaces your current contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5