Did you mean: 

Trying to Upgrade

DVC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I'm due an upgrade but can't afford one of the new phones - the Nokia 920 refurb caught my eye and I fancied that. (£14 pm and £60 to pay)

If I go via the plain Shop online it is in stock and I can buy it but if I go via my Upgrade options, it's there but out of stock???  This implies a new customer could buy it but a loyal (some 30 years!!) customer can not?? Maybe it's just a web glitch.  Now it's September,maybe there'll be more refurbs around?

If I do go via the Shop will I end up with 2 tariffs to pay for??

Customer services useless - it takes 20 mins before I get passed on to the upgrades team and they only deal with new phones! Can anyone help out?

Viv

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

I think you probably need to persevere and try Customer Services again. With any luck, you might get someone who is more sympathetic and understands the problem you're having. If you try to do it yourself online you could very well end up paying more than you intended, if the phone is showing as out of stock for upgrades. I'm sure this reply isn't much comfort to you, but it really would be best for you to speak with Customer Services directly. Good luck. Let us know if you have any success.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would the OP be able to do this Upgrade in an 02 High-Street Shop ?

Message 3 of 28

DVC
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I might give that a go. Seems odd that the two webpages differ . . . couldn't get thru to CS this morning, may try later.

Message 4 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DVC wrote:

Yes, I might give that a go. Seems odd that the two webpages differ . . . couldn't get thru to CS this morning, may try later.

Hope you managed to get hold of the phone you wanted.

Message 5 of 28

DVC
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No not yet.

Unable to get thru to CS

and the "Chat" is useless

they don't deal with refurb phones . .

I suppose I could just "buy" it thru the shop then cancel my contract, transferring the number . . . seems messy . . I'll give CS another ring today, maybe.

Message 6 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

Good luck.
Message 7 of 28

DVC
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can't bothered to hang on for > 12 mins

Will leave it for a while . . . may try Carphonewarehouse or even move to Vodaphone!

Message 8 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems a bit aggressive to switch Networks because of a phone model.

CPW may be a good choice to get what your wanting.

Do check that Vodaphone give decent signal and data connection where you reside, commute and work.
Message 9 of 28

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Are you able to visit an O2 shop (High Street not online). They may be able to order you a refurb if not in stock or you may be able to see a different phone at you price/feature point.

OOps missed BOBs 1st post above, overdue for that eye test Smiley Embarassed

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 10 of 28