Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Truely Appauled and Disgusted By O2

First of all I would like to say Hello to everyone in this community!
But my visit and message is of pure annoyance with O2 being extremly poor at customer service with me. I have the Sony Ericsson c905 which is a great phone when it's working, I'm currently on my third c905 and it's broke again, so I decided to tootle down to the O2 store to explain my predicament, and the woman was very nice and understand of my problem, and offered for me to choose a new handset to choose from, I was exstatic to say the least, this phone had just done my head in. So then took the battery out to get my IMEI number and noticed a red patch on the battery and said this phone has been liquid damaged, I immediatly replied "no it hasn't the phone came back with a red patch on the battery" I just assumed at the time it meant refurbished handset and did not question it, she then called over another collegue who couldn't say anything but "Liquid damaged" at this point I said "This is appauling, how on earth am I meant to know to tell you it's water damaged, when I recieved it back when I didn't know".
So now I am waiting for the manager to call me back, with his verdict. Since he wasn't in.
What are my rights with this, As I think it is bang out of order?

Thank you for reading
Regards
Alex
Highlighted
Anonymous

Its not bang out of order at all, they are well within their rights to suspect it has become water damaged while you've had it.

You'll just have to hang tight and see if the store agree to exchange it.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Why don't you just be calm and sort this out properly.

If I had someone screaming at me I would not want to help them at all.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Actually, O2's customer service rating is going down hill as I see it. Gone with those days where by nearly 99% of O2's CS will provide excellent customer service. I think it has something to do with the company itself. Look at them. They might be on a cost cutting drive and it affects CS's mood.Well, I have to say that right now, between O2, 3 UK and Vodafone CS, I have to say that Vodafone CS is the best!!! (Sorry O2, not this time)

p/s: yes, calm yourself down. You will tend to think much better if you calm down.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Actually, O2's customer service rating is going down hill as I see it. Gone with those days where by nearly 99% of O2's CS will provide excellent customer service. I think it has something to do with the company itself. Look at them. They might be on a cost cutting drive and it affects CS's mood.Well, I have to say that right now, between O2, 3 UK and Vodafone CS, I have to say that Vodafone CS is the best!!! (Sorry O2, not this time)
p/s: yes, calm yourself down. You will tend to think much better if you calm down.

I would beg to differ, as would EDCSM results!

Yes there are cost cutting measures and working in their CS is hard work at the moment, but I would say most people working there are very happy to have a job right now!
Highlighted
Anonymous

if its water damage thats not covered under the warrenty and you signed to accept the phone so unless youve got insurance theres nothing you can do.
theirs no rights to help you if either A. youve damaged a handset yourself or B. your careless when signing to accept goods