Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble unlocking Sony Xperia XZ2

Lyns1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, O2 say that the XZ2 I bought from them isn't locked, the Virgin sim says it is. The Virgin sim works in another phone.  I've requested 3 times 'unlatched' through O2 (once myself using the app +

twice by calling O2 helpline).   After it didn't work for the 3rd time I called again.  Advised to turn it off and on again and also try a network reset but didn't work.   Said nothing else they can do as they think phone is unlocked even though it's definitely locked.  Have gone through the details with them.  IMEI etc definitely correct.  Can anyone please advise? Thanks

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

O2Ellie
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello @MI5, thanks for the tag. 

@Eruby001 I will private message you so we can look in to this further for you slight_smile

signature
Message 21 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144080 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Thanks @O2Ellie 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 24

MathewK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I'm having the exact same issue with this handset - @O2Ellie would you be able to help me please?

I've followed the instructions from a previous post by @O2Emma:

1. Remove any SIM card from the Xperia device.
  2. Turn on the device.
  3. Dial *#*#7465625#*#* to access the service menu.
  4. Tap Service info → SIM lock.
  5. Look for the 'X' mark.
  6. If 'X' is on Network and the value is different than 0, you can remove your device's operator lock.

I get the following: [x]   Network   5

Thanks for your help 🙂

Message 23 of 24

O2Ellie
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @MathewK I will private message you now and we can look in to this further for you.  

Thanks 😊

signature
Message 24 of 24