Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling in Morocco

CHEFFREY
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I'm about to go to Morocco and not sure if I need a bolt on to cover calls and texts, if so which is best? I use WhattsApp mostly but will occasionally need to call the UK and respond to texts.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@CHEFFREY 

Asvice would be to use WhatsApp on WiFi as much as possible. 
see roaming guide here for calling coats and types of bolt ins required Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@CHEFFREY 

Asvice would be to use WhatsApp on WiFi as much as possible. 
see roaming guide here for calling coats and types of bolt ins required Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@CHEFFREY  Morocco is VERY expensive. http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

Turn off mobile data completely as well as voicemail to avoid returning to a huge bill.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@CHEFFREY  Morocco is VERY expensive. http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

Turn off mobile data completely as well as voicemail to avoid returning to a huge bill.

Indeed it is expensive. ...

Standard Rates

Our Pay Monthly customers will be charged at the following rate when calling or texting from this country.

Making a local call to landlines or mobiles will always be the same price as calling home when you're abroad.

Sending a picture message (MMS) costs 55p and it's always free to receive a text.

When in:  Morocco     Calling:  United Kingdom (UK)

Making calls - per minute£2.00
Receiving calls - per minute£2.00
Sending texts - per message50p

Cost per MB of using data:

Data usage£7.20*

* O2 will automatically cap your data usage to £51.50 (50 MB) a month whilst you're abroad

Just try and use Wifi whenever you can.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4